Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Wayne nat forest, Ohio...miniature poker run!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2000, 10:12 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All right after riding with you guys and trying to keep up with my foreman,key word is trying. I think Im going to go look at the raptor. What do you guys think of it?? The article said it handles very easily on the trails. Just what I need with these wrists of mine. Well it was fun riding with you guys today, wished I could of stayed longer. As soon as I figure out what Im buying I will let you all know. Later Scott

Old 07-17-2000, 02:12 PM
Range Rover

Has anyone been to the New Straitsville trailhead???? I hear a lot about Dorr Run and Monday Creek. We usually go to Perry forest. Need a change of scenery.
Thanks!!!

Old 07-17-2000, 06:34 PM
Pro Rider

We did the Straitsville loop this weekend. Perry is OK, but if you go just a couple more miles, you can hit Monday Creek, and Perry cannot compare to the Wayne.

Hey Jute: It was great riding with you, hope to do it again, you might think about a Scrambler if you like 4 Wheel Drive. They are badass. Like mine, but all wheel drive. You do well on your Foreman though.

Old 07-17-2000, 11:35 PM
Range Rover

Hey quadfather it was a blast riding with you also. Need to hook up again real soon. Im going to look around this week and see what I can find. boy that raptor sure looks cool. I dont feel like waiting for the thing to be ordered though. Later Scott.

Old 07-18-2000, 11:27 AM
Pro Rider

It was a blast to ride with you. You had that 450es moveing fast since you had about 600 pounds and the ex's have 400 pounds, you very did good. and i have to thank the people that helped my on the hill climbs that i did not make (2) i did make it up both of them the next day no problam. I learned alot that weekend and was alot better rider.

Old 07-18-2000, 12:52 PM
jim
Pro Rider

So how was the ride? Any Pics? Wish I could have made it.
Jim

Old 07-18-2000, 01:55 PM
Pro Rider

New Straitsville is cool too. Nice little 3 mile loop near the parking area. Also you can get to the main corridor and go to Monday Creek or Dorr Run. I was there this weekend with the wife, but I didn't see anyone with Pennsylvannia plates, EXtreme400 was from PA and was supposed to be there with his wife, but I didn't see anyone. Me and my wife rode for about 4-5 hours on Saturday. Got down there late and had a flat on my trailer on the way there. It was fun, but still didn't get enough riding in.

Old 07-18-2000, 10:23 PM
Pro Rider

Hmmmmm....how to sum all this up?

Well, what a weekend with all the rain, mud, puddles and some occasional sun too! The trails were a little rough with the ruts but the forestry is working on a few sections with some heavy equipment. I'll have some new pics added to the site in a few days....gotta load em and update the signature. The new straitsville section was my favorite with the hillclimbs and the 3 mile loop with the great jump sections. Jute got burried in a great mudhole and almost needed towed out by the quadfather! Hats off to 87_250r...that kid can ride! It was fun riding with a quad from the archives. Keep working on them hillclimbs and shorten that sig! Sorry, didn't see ya Buckeye...we hit the trails all day on Saturday...musta slipped by ya.

Next adventure will be the Sproul, Pa state forest on labor day weekend and then the Madera, Pa poker run in september!...pics of both are below.

Old 07-19-2000, 10:34 AM
Range Rover

I just had Powerslider e-mail me a map of WNF and I see now why everyone goes to Dorr Run and Monday Creek. Anyone wants to have a look at the map, let me know!!!
Yeah, Perry is cool. If you haven't been there, you should try it out!!! I am sure it doesn't compare to WNF, but there are some awesome trails there!!!
When we do get make it to Wayne...I'll came back here ahead of time and see who else is going....a trail guide would be nice to have!!!!!
Thanks....and later all.

Old 07-19-2000, 05:15 PM
Pro Rider

I'll probably be going back down the first weekend of August, there is a professional hillclimb for motorcycles the next town over on that Saturday night. I went last year and it was a blast. The campgrounds are packed with quads and motorheads, it's quite a party. Anyone want in, let me know.

Quick Reply: Wayne nat forest, Ohio...miniature poker run!