Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Anyone near Cincinnati, Oh.?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2004, 02:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone near Cincinnati, Oh.?

Here's a link to info on WNF in case anyone is interested.

Wayne National Forest

Old 02-11-2004, 02:48 PM
Pro Rider

RedEx-- thanks, I was too stupid to be able to post that link on here.

Old 02-11-2004, 09:06 PM
Pro Rider

TRX450..
.staying at Lisa's place as well the weekend before you......heard nothing but good about her place.......

WNF...i got questions about that place....I'm registered in Indiana.....what about riding WNF....do I need something from Ohio as well??.....
I have heard a yes and a no so far.......I know I need a permit, i am refering to state registering.......I'm wanting to ride there and hate like hell to have to find me a DMV somewhere to deal with that

Ok, I looked at the link for WNF...i see it sais my state reg is cool to use........

Old 02-12-2004, 12:56 PM
Pro Rider

Does WNF allow camping in the forrest or only at designated campgrounds? It looks like a pretty cool place. How long to get there from Cin. oh?

Old 02-12-2004, 01:16 PM
Pro Rider

WNF has camping most anywhere that you can pitch a tent, or plop a trailer. There is NO improved camping. There are 5 parking lots that have porta pots, or pit-type crappers, but NO WATER. You have to be self-contained.
WNF is 1hr20min SE of Columbus, on SR 33,if that time helps any. Most of the riding is just south of Logan OH., Just NE of Nelsonville. 90 miles of trail. It should keep you interested for a day,or 2. It DOES get crowded in the summer. I will run the Long Ridge trails, when that happens. It is technical, off camber, and the sportbikers don't like it. Never a crowd there! Lots of fun in there.
When I am not in WVA., I am HERE!
P.M. a guy that posts as "BK" about your Indiana registrations. He is from Winchester, and comes to WNF all the time. He can answer your ?????'s, I think. I m sure he'll help you. DO have your permit, and registration in order, as the Rangers do check you from time to time. STAY ON the trails. $100.00 fine for being caught off trail!!!!!!!

Old 02-12-2004, 02:23 PM
Pro Rider

Their site says my Indy registration is good. Thats good news about the camping. Bummer about the stay on the trail thing, we like to explore but the trail you are talking about would satisfy us tho. When we go I'll PM you.

Thanks for the info, these forums are great!

Old 02-12-2004, 10:23 PM
Pro Rider

I pm''d "BK" in another forum and never did get a reply....but the site pretty much explains it

Old 02-13-2004, 07:50 AM
Pro Rider

"BK" hangs out in ATV Time Forums, as do I. Go to the Wayne Nat'l. Forest thread.

Old 03-05-2004, 09:46 AM
Weekend Warrior

Probably 7 or 8 of my closest friends and I, are planning a trip to Big Rock possibly on the weekend of the 19th (March). I just got on four "10s" job so I'm off Fri- Sun every week. If the weathers bad we'll prolly cancel though so let's hope for some sun!

Old 03-07-2004, 05:39 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: trx450
STAY ON the trails. $100.00 fine for being caught off trail!!!!!!!
HE HE HE, TRX 450 keeps a $100 bill in his wallet just in case he has to pay that fine [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I`ve never had to yet but i also have a $100 bill tucked away just in case, but it would be worth paying it if ever caught.
If you dont have an obnoxiously loud pipe on your quad and dont ride like an idiot there are several "Bonus" areas to explore at Wayne as long as you are hooked up with a " Certified Wayne Trailguide " [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] and there are usually several hanging around there on any given weekend. TRX-450/KVF700A-1 (as he is also known ) practically lives there and that Wrecks guy will take you where no quad has gone be4 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Anyone near Cincinnati, Oh.?