Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

where can I ride atvs in michigan

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2003, 12:23 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where can I ride atvs in michigan

can someone tell me where i can ride now ?

Old 12-30-2003, 03:59 PM
Trailblazer

Well my friend its almost time to hit the lakes! I just ordered some holeshot to stud up.
Its kind of tricky riding this time of year. Deer hunting and stuff kinda puts a damper on state land rides.
I guess its over now though.

Old 12-31-2003, 06:10 PM
Trailblazer

Here's a link to all of the trails systems in michigan and the rules. There isn't too many over in your neck of the woods.

Michigan DNR

any of the trails that are not used as a designated snow mobile trail is open and so are the lakes

Old 01-03-2004, 12:51 PM
Pro Rider

st helen has some pretty cool trails ans bull gap in mio is the shiz nat

Old 01-08-2004, 10:58 AM
Trailblazer

Just steer clear of "Tin Cup" unless you doun't mind having your intestines coum out of your ^ss. Too many mogules. Besides I t's more for dirtbikes then quads.here is the map of it and a couple surrounding it.

Old 01-08-2004, 08:24 PM
Pro Rider

Mrplow did you ride any of the other trails.I was just curios if they all were that bad.

Old 01-08-2004, 10:42 PM
Pro Rider

You guys are obviously riders of some sort but you all should read the DNR Booklet, Michigan Off-Road Vehicle Guide, before you go out and ride so you know the rules. It takes time to know all the rules but when you guess as most do, you lose. That attitude gets us all in trouble with the authorities and the media, who's all over ATVers for doing dumb things.
!. You are allowed to ride wherever posted OPEN for ORV use. You have to be 16 years or older.
2. You must have an ORV Sticker.
3. Some of the trails are marked for snow mobiles and ORV use. You can use them all year long but check the book because there are exceptions.
4. Skiball, the closest trail head near your location is Gladwin. it's located off US-61. Great place to ride and one of the only trails snowmo's are not allowed.

Tin Cup is one of my favorite places to ride my AC 500i. I ride it every year around March and again in the summer. I often ride to Luther for lunch and gas before getting back on the trail. Manistee trails have two types of trails. Dirtbike and ORV trails. The ORV trails are nice and wide, sometimes wooped like crazy. THe Little "O", located nearby, is probably one of the hardest trails to ride without ripping off the plastic. I would not go there if you like your quad.
St. Helen is a nice place to ride too. Watch out for 100 mile per hour snowmo's. We usually take 15 to 20 guys when we ride there. The sleds pay attention to numbers.
If you want to ride with other Michigan riders I suggest you join a club or look for a site on the net. www.atvoffroad.net, is one such place but there are others.

Last if any of you haven't had training for ATV rules and methods, you should consider doing so. if you have already, hope you enjoyed the class.
See ya on the trails,
Chuck

Old 01-09-2004, 08:11 PM
Pro Rider

Ecorman 1 what rules were you talking about? Ive read the pamphlet the DNR hands out.
Is there a book with special rules and regulations we need to read. If so could you give
me the info. Dont want to get into any trouble with the particular riders or DNR.

Old 01-09-2004, 11:36 PM
Pro Rider

The pamphlet is the book the DNR hands out to everyone. If you have it already, you know what to do. That's a good start too.
Chuck

Old 01-12-2004, 10:11 AM
Trailblazer

atvaddict01 I have not tried out any other trail yet.
A friend of mine has 40 acres butted up to 300+ state land in Osceola county. So we pretty much hang out there but htis year we plan on getting more of us together and doing a larger trail. Like the Leota trail or something. I have seen one in Lake county right off 10 and Frank Smith looks pretty nice but, not sure who owns that.

Quick Reply: where can I ride atvs in michigan