Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

where can I ride atvs in michigan

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2004, 05:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where can I ride atvs in michigan

Look guys. Michigan has 3000 miles of trails for you and me to ride. We have more legal trails than most any other State. There are States with much more challenging trails but here, you can ride all week and not cross the same trail. Everyone make sure to get your new ORV Sticker before March 31, '04. You can get them at almost any sporting goods store, Kart, Meijer, or the DNR office.
See ya on the trail,
Chuck

Old 01-12-2004, 06:08 PM
Pro Rider

I guess what i should have said was,are all of the trails around tin cup that rough. MY friends and i did
not enjoy the exp. It might not have been as bad as i thought but i rode the dunes the day before.
So i was used to smooth and fast.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] We are planning a trip to mio mid may they have been there before
and enjoyed it. cant wait sic of snow already.

Old 01-12-2004, 07:27 PM
Pro Rider

Mio, has nice open trails for the most part. The hill climb is dangerous this time of year. I think most of what you saw at Tin Cup is what you should expect at other trails in the Lower Michigan. If you'd like flat ground so you can fly through the trails, try going to the U.P. riding the legal trails there. You can go 100 miles per day. Since you don't like riding in snow, don't go there before end of May.
Friends and I ride year 'round up north (Lower). You just have to dress for the weather.
Go to www.atvoffroad.net to see what's happening in Michigan. Check out "Where to Ride". There's a group of guys that ride Silver Lake every year. Watch for them in the forum above. Remember, riding sand isn't like riding the trails in that you can see a lot better in open land and get over confident. Silver Lake kills two people per year. Mostly ATVers...
Chuck

Old 01-12-2004, 09:19 PM
Pro Rider

Well over confidence is out of the question, to new to riding to take chances. What i do like is seeing others enjoy this sport as much as i am. Silver lk gives me a little safer area to learn what my
quad will do and how it reacts to what i do. The wide openess is a good place to learn. As for deaths
4 people lost their lives on snowmobiles this weekend alone. Last year 43 died. The majority
were on trails pushing the limits of their machines and themselves. I imagine some, not all,
had a few to many at the bar. Whenever you get on or in a machine with a engine you are taking
a chance of getting hurt. If you are careful and watch others you should be able to stay safe
and enjoy the sport. Take care.

Old 01-12-2004, 11:13 PM
Pro Rider

Also, snowmobilers enjoy going as fast as they can go all the time. I know that's not really true but if you think that way, it helps you and them on the trail. Sometimes, snowmobiles come around the corner so fast we ATVers can't get out of the way. Often, we can see them coming before we hear them and it's almost too late. The DNR ask trail maintenance personnel to mark different trails for each and that helps to avoid accidents of four wheelers and snowmobiles. But there are times when the trails cross and there are lots of trees covering your line of sight. This is when you have to be extra careful.
Enjoy your ride and bring everyone back to the trailhead safe. At the end of the day, it's a good time in the parking lot talking about what happened, could have happened or didn't happen.
Chuck