Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Black River Falls in WI

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2004, 09:47 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black River Falls in WI

I wanted to add that the trail is open up there in Clark county during the winter and also in Jackson County. Someone here may be able to help with the dates. Jackson Co. is closed for awhile during deer season and etc. into December I think but believe it is open now also. Makes a pretty decent ride when not to cold. Keeping in mind that when there is snow the same trails are for snowmobiles also. Right now, there is not much (if any) snow up there. But when there is, it is probably prudent to let the snowmobiles have the trails and stay out of the way. The Jackson/Clark Co. line cuts right through Hatfield above Black River Falls about 8 miles or so and just north of Hatfield is a parking lot to ride from on the Clark Co. trails. You can get a map of both systems from the DNR office in Black River Falls. I am going up there to take the grandkids up to go tubing this weekend and will check the signs to make sure if the trails are open in both counties now if no one else posts the information before that...Dean

Old 01-12-2004, 11:25 PM
Range Rover

Black River has about 95 miles of trails. Clark County has over 100 miles of trails.

Black River closed sometime in Feb or Mar and opens again on May 15th.

Old 01-13-2004, 02:12 PM
Trailblazer

The trails typically close down October 15 and open back on Dec 15 each year. In the Spring they close down on March 15 and open again on May 15.

I was out riding last weekend and Lake Arbutus in Hatfield is completly froze up with alot of Ice on it so anyone riding the Jackson or Clark County trails can ride the whole system by crossing the lake.

We have hardly any snow on the ground up here right now so the trails are pretty dry with some occassional icy spots otherwise they are clear.

Old 01-13-2004, 02:44 PM
Pro Rider

your making me somewhat regret leaving my YFZ out in Glamis for the winter.. There is nothing else like the woods riding that WS has to offer.. Black River Falls is one of the tops..put close to 130 miles on there one day with some back tracking.. Can't wait for this summer..

Old 01-13-2004, 04:19 PM
Pro Rider

you need to buy another machine to leave at home mnrap.ive got a group half organized to head over and ride saturday.i hope we can make it

Old 03-14-2004, 08:19 PM
Range Rover

hey are the trails open there?

Old 03-14-2004, 09:52 PM
Pro Rider
Sound advice there. "Hey, watch this........"
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pretty sure that they just closed down and will re-open in mid-May.

Jaybee

Old 03-14-2004, 10:30 PM
Range Rover

That is correct. They closed the 15th of March and will reopen the 15th of May..Dean

Old 03-15-2004, 10:00 AM
Trailblazer

Jackson county and Clark county close today March 15 according to my trail map pamphlet. The Clark county system opens back up on May 1st and the Jackson County system opens up on May 15th again. That is what my understanding is on the systems.

Sometimes a county will close down the trails during the summer due to increased rainy conditions or dry conditions so your best bet would be to call the DNR Service Center in the county you are going to ride in just to be sure that they will be open when you plan on coming over to ride.

Old 03-15-2004, 10:43 PM
Range Rover

hey thanks for the info, i guess i'll have to find some snowmobile trails then

Quick Reply: Black River Falls in WI