Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Barnhart, MO...any members in the area?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2004, 12:55 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Barnhart, MO...any members in the area?

Recently moved to Barnhart...

Looking for others to ride with, or for places to run.

Jumpman

Old 02-03-2004, 01:10 PM
Trailblazer

There are a few of us around here, we all mostly ride at St. Joe state park, in I guess its Park Hills Missouri, down highway 67, toward Farmington, Just take 55 south to highway 67, toward Bonne Terre, and there will be signs telling you where to go, its sand, and mud pits, and trails. Its ok, its no glamis, or Little Saraha buts its fun..

Chris

Old 02-03-2004, 04:54 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Jumpman. I live in Imperial and ride mostly at St. Joe's. I also ride in Ste. Genevieve and on our private land near Farmington (650 acres). I can't really tear it up on our land so I'd have to say that St. Joe's is the best place to go around here. The river banks in Ste. Gen are fun too, but my choice would be St. Joe's.

Old 02-03-2004, 05:01 PM
Trailblazer

I live right near Hwy 55 & Hwy M...

There are some pretty good trails that run between several subdivisions in the area. There are some nice rutted-out muddy spots, some make-shift 'tracks' and a few decent 'technical' trails to ride.

I just picked-up my Rancher 350-ES a few weeks ago, and I like the ability to just jump on & ride - rather than loading it up & driving to a good riding spot. I also think that the sand/chat mounds are better suited for the sport-quads...could be wrong tho.

Jumpman

Old 02-03-2004, 06:04 PM
Trailblazer

I live right near 55 and Imperial Main Street. I see trails off of M all the time. How do you get to these trails? Do you have to know someone in the neighborhood to get to them? I would love to be able to ride within 5 mins. from my house, that would be great. With two boys and a wife, it is sometimes hard to get time to ride!

Old 02-03-2004, 06:59 PM
Pro Rider

I live in Chaffee now, but grew up around Bloomsdale. I mainly ride at St. Joe State Park. For pictures of St. Joe, check out kristinandjoe.com.

I have ridden once on the sand bar at Ste. Gen., but it was quite some time ago. I've also ridden / raced at the now shut-down Ste. Gen Motopark. They are supposed to building a new race track with Kaskaskia being the new location.

I like to go to St. Joe as often as work & weather allows. We need to get everyone together for so we can all meet. If the weather is nice, I'm going to try to make it out Saturday.

There are 300ft sand drags at Bonne Terre, MO (bigriver.cjb.net), 1/8th mile asphalt drags in Benton, MO (fastfridaynights.com) and a new dirt drag strip at Blodgett, Mo (semoraceway.com).

Old 02-03-2004, 10:13 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: diggler
I live right near 55 and Imperial Main Street. I see trails off of M all the time. How do you get to these trails? Do you have to know someone in the neighborhood to get to them? I would love to be able to ride within 5 mins. from my house, that would be great. With two boys and a wife, it is sometimes hard to get time to ride!

From my house it's about a 10 minute ride to get to the M Hwy trails...it does require getting onto public roads for about 2/3's of a mile...but it's cool. If you know the area...you know where the 7-11 on M is...Look directly across M Hwy from the 7-11, and you will see some ball fields to the left. Across the street from the ball fields is where we enter the trail...Lotsa places to go...I I have only been over there a few times - I'm sure there are MANY trails I have not seen yet.

We are going to be riding this Saturday...prolly start around Noon-1:00...Shoot me an e-mail if you are interested in rollin'

ninedeucenine@yahoo.com

Old 02-04-2004, 11:36 AM
Trailblazer

jumpman,
I know exactly where you are talking about. I don't know about going on Saturday, my 8 yr. old has an indoor soccer game. I'll have to check on the game time.
Hey Daren420,
I think I have seen you out at St. Joe's along the rail dragracing with a lot of banshees and ds650's. I don't race, but I like to watch all you fast guys. I mostly ride the trails with a buddy of mine. We are definitely not veterans of this sport and try to stay out of the way most of the time. By the way, my entire family is from either Bloomsdale or Ste. Gen. How long ago did you live in Bloomsdale? At one time, my grandfather was the mayor of Bloomsdale (Francis Basler).

Old 02-04-2004, 11:39 AM
Trailblazer

Diggler...

Saw your profile, you by any chance related to Ryan Basler?

Jumpman

Old 02-04-2004, 12:29 PM
Trailblazer

Ryan Basler does not ring a bell, but there are a lot of us Basler's out there. I hope I get over to M this saturday, my son's game isn't until 5:30 so if I can get the o.k. from the boss I will try to make it.

Quick Reply: Barnhart, MO...any members in the area?