Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Las Vegas -- Valley of Fire

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 04:17 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Las Vegas -- Valley of Fire

I went to Logandale and the ride was great. It has a little bit of everything and a nice sand dune too. It's a beautiful place. The most amazing thing I saw was that ATVs and horses can share the same trail. People on horseback and ATVs are all riding together in the same area and it was cool. Horse trailers and toyhaulers were parking in the in the same area. You don't see this in California....

Old 02-26-2004, 09:13 PM
Range Rover

Old 02-26-2004, 09:17 PM
Range Rover

Rasor Rd. is good. But if you take Basin rd exit just south of Rasor Rd. you can drive in by truck and camp and be farther off freeway. We ride our quads to store at Rasor if we run low on supplies.

Old 05-20-2004, 11:39 PM
Pro Rider

Logandale is a great place to ride, there are trails that will take you to the lake. Apex has been mentioned that is a nice ride spot also. Other areas that are close and interesting are Sheephead mtns. you can park at the end of Jones or Decator (north of Ann Rd). Behind the silverbowl has some nice riding. Black Mtn will take you to the dry lake bed. To much to list in Primm.
Mt Charleston: there is a turn off on the right about 2 miles before the old golf course and hotel, if drive up toward the hotel and see a NO ORV sign then you went 1 mile to far. There is alot of trails and a little rundown old horsefarm way back in the middle of nowhere.
Lee Canyon: 95 north to Lee Canyon exit, about 4 miles (give or take) right before you start climbing there are a number of trails on the right that you can pull off and park and ride.
You can also ride at the end of Lake Mead in summerlyn, trails will take into and behind Red Rock.

Old 05-21-2004, 01:42 AM
Trailblazer

We went to Jean lake a few times. Still not very familiar with all the trails there yet. Where do you ride in the summer time when it's too hot? Any legal riding area in the higher elevations near Mt. Charleston?

Old 05-21-2004, 11:43 AM
Trailblazer

I have never rode on Mt. Charleston but have friends that do. also Cold creek which is near Indian Springs is talked about. I have done some 4 wheeling up Lovell canyon which is near Mtn. Springs which is the pass on your way to Pahrump, and also on Mt. Potisi which is south of Mtn Springs. I spend most of my summers in Utah, at Duck Creek which is east of Cedar city there is a nice Trail System there and the temps are in the 70-80's when Vegas in in the 100's. plus there some trout fishing when the water levels are up. Theres cabins you can rent and lots of Tent camping if you like to do that. The Paiute ATV trail system starts just north of Cedar in a town called Beaver and goes east over the mountains and north up to Richfield UT. that trail system is much bigger than the one around Duck Creek. I think Paiute is over 500 miles of system and has a hotel and resturant network soyou can ride town to town and eat and sleep. If you did a google search you could probably find lots of info on it. I have heard alot good things about the Marysvale area which is on the east side of mtns from Beaver.

Old 05-21-2004, 12:51 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ozark88
We went to Jean lake a few times. Still not very familiar with all the trails there yet. Where do you ride in the summer time when it's too hot? Any legal riding area in the higher elevations near Mt. Charleston?
Next month we will probably be riding at Nellis, end of Jones, and Cold Creek. Cold Creek will be day trips.The others will be early morning (4am to 9am) and sometimes will do some night rides at the end of Jones cause its close.

Old 05-23-2004, 12:20 AM
MTX
Pro Rider

ya APEX, has a track, and DUNES. End of Jones, and Hollywood has trails/tracks/jumps. ALso Dumont Dunes about 1hr30mins away. Has anyone ever been to Amargosa dunes ? i think thier north of las vegas, if so. what are the directions.

Old 05-24-2004, 02:13 PM
Pro Rider

just keep going north on 95 to Armagosa and you will see the dunes on the left.

Old 05-29-2004, 03:37 AM
MTX
Pro Rider

ok thanks