Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Texas riders

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2000, 02:52 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

July 1st ride.

Me and 2 of my friends arived at Flying P ranch in Weatherford, TX around 9am ready to ride and sweat our a$$ off. I ride a 99 Blaster with FMF Fattys and PCII silencer. They ride a yamaha 250 and a kawasaki 125 (blah, stinkin dirtbikes).

Well it ended up we parked near the front track, unloaded, and took off for about 5 gruling laps around the track, by this time I was ready to puke. We had went out the night before to a bar, Fast Freddys to about 1am and I the fool drank a little to much, needless to say I regretded it sunday.
The whole day was fun, we brought plenty of water so that helped out (time to invest into a camel back).
I was hopeing to see some of you guys out there but i dont think I did. I came across 2 ppl, male and a female, one riding a blue blaster and the other on a 300ex I think, they were from Dallas I believe, not sure, talked to a bunch of ppl that day.
We met up by a huge downhill and my dirtbike friends took off down it and I was stuck up top, there were some pretty nasty ruts in it and it was steeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!
The 2 quad riders came up to us and one said if he was braver he would go down, i was in the same position as him, looked a lil rough goin down.
We finally found an alternative route and I went to turn around while they took off down the hill, by the time I got back to go down they were already outa site. I saw them later on at the front track ridin around while we were resting.

It was very hot that day and sweat was pouring off me, or should I say beer sweat, ughhhh, never again will I do that.
We rode hella trails and what to a suprise to me, on the straights/flats me on my lil blaster with the only mod I have, pipes, hung with my friend Mikey on his 125. He said when he looked back he was in 5th gear wrapped out bout to go into 6th and who did he see behind him you ask??? ME!!!! haha, I loved it, I to was in 5th wrapped goin into 6th.

The day was great, cow chasin, jumpin, trial ridin, and leme tell ya what, If you have ever had to follow a dirtbike on a quad threw trails it is a workout, they took me threw some grewsome trails, I didnt think I was gonna fit, lean this way, ridin 2 wheels HUGE ruts, bottomed out once on a rut, I was kinda pissed then. True they could ride a lil faster threw the trails but everything they did, I DID.
One one accasion we came across a 20foot high hill climb, it was pretty much straight up!! and I mean straight up. Well it also had some nice ruts on it which they made it look easy as pie to go up. I circled around below like a buzzard lookin for my path up it while they were goin up and down, up and down. Finally after them gripin at me to go up I took the best path I could find and popped into 1st gear and went up, halfway up the front end rose and I was already leaning as far forward as possible, ended up I had to ride out the wheelie up the thing, got to the top and was surprised I did it, good A. rush.
The funny part was Matt asked to ride my quad up it, lol, he took the worst path up it, the far right got almost to the top front end rose, jerked to the right and (lol this crap was funny) off a 10foot cliff into a BUNCH off bushes which caught him and didnt let him fall off the cliff. Me and Mickey rolled on the ground laughing before finally goin up to help. I wish I woulda had a camcorder with me, it was hilarious.

Well next time we go I hope to meet some of you TX riders out there. This was my lil story to yall from JIGGA.
Have fun.

Old 07-05-2000, 12:39 PM
Pro Rider

The Flying "P" is one of my favorite places to ride. I have been up and down that hill climb a 100 times. Did you make it to devils mile?. It's a cool tuff track one mile long.

Old 07-05-2000, 08:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

does the flyin p have camp sites and rv hook ups and how much land is there to ride on is it good trails or what?

Old 07-05-2000, 10:58 PM
Pro Rider

Mudslinger:
Im havent seen any RV hook-ups around there so im not to sure bout that one, and yes it is a great place to ride at and they have hella trails that will give you a work out.
Carpe:
If you are talkin bout the track in the very back then yes I have rode it, plenty of sand, but the rain has washed it out a little, not to bad though.

Old 07-06-2000, 10:17 AM
Pro Rider

They actually have electric and water hookup's. There are around 1500 acres.