Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Any GA riders??

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 09:08 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any GA riders??

Trailblazer,
Hey, good to hear from another local!
Yeah, I've been out to Sunnyside and ridden, had a great time. I'm told it's 17+ miles around the property line, not sure if that's true or not, but the first trip around took me over 45 minutes. Also there's s'pposed to be over 50 miles of trails in the interior....gotta be, I ain't even found 'em all yet. I'll be going again on the 9th ( this coming Sunday).
Never heard of Durhamtown Plantation...give me some details, please.
kliff

Old 05-03-2004, 09:50 AM
Range Rover
Default Any GA riders??

kliff
trailblazer?????? I guess you looked at the title underneath my username. Anyway, I plan to try out the place in Harlem sooner or later.

Durhamtown is a great place to go to. I have been there 4-5 times or so. They have so many trails that I keep finding new ones every time I go. They also have two MX tracks. Alot of fun. $25.00 on weekends and $20.00 on weekdays.

Here's their website.
http://www.durhamtown.com/index.html

Old 05-03-2004, 12:10 PM
Trailblazer
Default Any GA riders??

Oooooopppps.....sorry de8212...goofed again! I read severral reveiws this morning on Durhamtown, and they sounded less than welcoming, 'course it could've just ben the people doing the reveiws, who knows...
BUT! Sunnyside is a tad cheaper...$15.00 a day/per machine, or 25.00 for a wekend pass. Only problem is they aren't open all the time. Dates for this month are the 8&9th, 15&16th, and Memorial day weekend 29-31st.
If you get a chance come on out, I'm the fat ugly old guy, riding an orange Kaw KFX700...
kliff

Old 05-03-2004, 03:58 PM
Range Rover
Default Any GA riders??

kliff
I'd be curious to know where you read reviews of durhamtown?
Like I said I have only been there a handful of times or so but they seem OK to me. I did read something on their forums a while back about them banning a member. But I think that person was either riding w/out a helment and or had alcohol there. Don't quote me on that, just seems to ring a bell.
I do know two people that have been to Sunnyside. They said it was OK but they did mention seeing people riding w/out helmets. Also they said the trails aren't marked for one-way use. Seems a tad unsafe to me.
Don't get me wrong I will defiantely go there one day but I don't like two-way trails very much.
That's one good thing about durhamtown. They have clearly marked trails and if you go the wrong way and they find out, you're gone.

Don't take my word for it, go at least one time. I feel pretty sure you'll have a blast.
Maybe I'll see you at sunnyside soon. Do they have a MX style track? If so, how is it?

Old 05-03-2004, 05:19 PM
Trailblazer
Default Any GA riders??

de8212, I don't know who told you the trails aren't marked, but they ARE! ALL trails have directional arrows posted, and a violation will get you sent home! No alcohol is permitted either. Helmets are required also.
Go to <www.georgiaoffroad.com> for the reveiws on Durhamtown. From what I'm reading, seems like a long way to drive,and high gate fees, to be treated rudely. I'm sure I'l get up there one day, probably on a Monday, since my work schedule gives me every Mon. off, to check it out for myself. But for now I feel welcome and safe at Sunnyside. These guys are just getting up and running, so it is very possible in the beginning, there may have been some unmarked trails.
They do have an MX track also, but that's not really my thing anymore. From what I saw, it is small, needs to be longer, use more of the surrounding terrain, and be wider...but like I said, I don't do MX anymore, that's just my $.02 on the MX track.
kliff