Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

washington help

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2004, 01:05 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default washington help

my wife and i are about to have our second anniversary, and we want to go quad riding and camping for it. we have been to sandlake and belfair, but we are thinking more along the lines of moses lake, vantage, but were not sure. if any washington riders have any experience with these places let me know. we are not hardcore riders but we like minor jumps a little trails and sand. if there is any web sites so we can look before we make a decision we would appreciate. thank you.

Old 03-02-2004, 02:17 PM
Range Rover
Default washington help

dude, i was born and raised in Port Angeles and Sequim....Now i live in TEXAS... anyway ive been to the beverly dunes(vantage) and moses lake( i lived in moses lake for a couple years)... anyway both have descent amount of areas to ride.. moses is much bigger.. id go to moses lake.. both have primitive camping.. just on the sand...BUT consider Coos bay area oregon.. the drive is the same to a bit less.. there are very nice campgrounds.... even a KOA in houser with rentable cabins and such.. the dunes are alot better there! by far the biggest dunes in OR are at winchestor bay.. there are small RV parks and campgrounds there.. they wont be full this time of year so you could just show up and find a spot.. good luck... make sure and enjoy PA everyday.. The TX desert is no fun... wish i was up there!
Jetjock16

check into oregon, youll have alot more fun!

Old 03-02-2004, 02:38 PM
Range Rover
Default washington help

you might want to consider the Florence, Oregon area also. It's a bit closer to you, lots of good riding, some pretty good hills, beach riding, RV campground adjacent + several FS campgrounds nearby, sand camping allowed. The town of Florence itself is what makes this area attractive for a special weekend. Very nice little town, shops, restaurants, hotels/motels, etc. I like it so well that I'm thinking about moving there!

Old 03-02-2004, 02:58 PM
Pro Rider
Default washington help

IF you are looking for a nice getaway weekend I'd recommend Florence. Moses Lake is a pile of crap. IT is more ASH than sand. Everything gets a coating of dirt/ash on it. UNless you are 16 years old and want to get drunk and fight around a bonfire. There isn't alot of night life near by either (restaraunts etc). Florence is a beautiful town on the OCean that my fiance and I go to all the time.

Old 03-02-2004, 04:57 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default washington help

I agree with Techtip. I just got back from Florence and Coos bay this weekend and had a blast! Moses Lake is just a big litter box in comparison.
If you are not wanting to drive to Oregon, you may also want to check out Juniper Forest dunes in eastern WA. It is about 20 miles NE of Pasco. Here is a Link to some info about the place.
Let me know if you need directions or anything.

Old 03-02-2004, 11:58 PM
Trailblazer
Default washington help

Hey Thanks to all that replied to my husband's post! We really appreciate the input. The only sand that we have played in was in Sandlake, OR. It certainly wasn't what it was cracked up to be, but given the chance we would go back. We are not, by any means, "Professional Riders" but we tear it up pretty good and have a lot of FUN!!!! Can anyone give us a comparison between Sandlake and Coos Bay, OR?
Jetjock said something to the nature of "Cabins" in Coos Bay???? That sounds nice , because although I'll ride with best of Ya, I still like my warm showers after riding all day!!!! Also Jetjock, if you PM us and we exchange names I can almost guarantee that we know eachother or family members related! We never take for granted the beauty of the "Great Olympic Peninsula", mountains on one side and the ocean on the other! If anyone wants to come check out Port Angeles there is one good place to ride.......... The Solduc gravel pit!! Trails, jumps, fresh, clean air and you can camp ( although very primitive ) only 45 minuted from beautiful downtown Port Angeles. Check it out!

Old 03-03-2004, 12:56 AM
Trailblazer
Default washington help

I was just in Florence with my daughter last weekend. It was sunny and no wind. There were a few riders out on Sunday but almost no one on Monday. The sand is a little tracked up right now because it stays fairly wet and the wind is not smoothing it out. If you get on the net I think there is a lake with cabins in the area. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for 64 bucks a night. It was nice and clean. Have a great anniversary.

Old 03-03-2004, 02:00 AM
Trailblazer
Default washington help

We have about twenty of us from B.C. heading down to Florence for a week sarting March13. Staying at Jesse Honeyman State Park. www.oregonstateparks.org for info

Some are camping, some renting "yurts". Sandlake is a waste of time, if driving that far head south for a couple more hours. Give us a shout if you would like to hook up.

Old 03-03-2004, 02:17 AM
Trailblazer
Default washington help

Juniors wife again! What the heck are "yurts"? If I can get that much time off work maybe we will hook up with you folks from B.C., it's always fun to meet new people and ride together! Thanks all for replying, once again!

Old 03-03-2004, 12:16 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default washington help

A yurt is like a cross between a cabin and a tent. It has electricity, heat, a bunk bed, a futon and a table. You need to bring sleeping bags for the beds. They cost about $29.00 per night at Honeyman campgrounds. Honeyman also has showers. The yurts get booked really fast, and you will be very lucky to find one on short notice. If you stay in the H loop of Honeyman, you can ride out to the dunes through the campgrounds until the end of April.

BTW, if you are looking for people to ride with, you should check out this thread. There are a bunch of western WA people on there and someone is always planning a ride. Just pop in and introduce yourself, newbies are always welcome! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: washington help