Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Chicagoland Area

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2004, 12:58 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chicagoland Area

I am very new to the ATV hobby and would like to start in riding. My concern is where is the closest place one can ride near Chicago? Thanks guys for sharing your knowledge!

Old 03-06-2004, 02:40 PM
Pro Rider
Default Chicagoland Area

Baddlands ATTICA , IN is one of my favorites

Old 03-07-2004, 12:32 AM
Trailblazer
Default Chicagoland Area

There are some nice in trails in Michigan and when I lived in IL I could make the trips to some of the trails in 5 hours. Just a thought for a weekends. Rockford also has a offroad park.

Old 03-07-2004, 12:39 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Chicagoland Area

Rottweiler, Welcome to the forums!

I live about 30 miles from Chicago, i am in Northwest Indiana.. I ride the at the badlands every now and then.. I will be going up to silver lake Michigan quite a bit this summer... There is a place in Michigan City Indiana near the prison you can ride, i have never been there though...

Really Chicago Land area sucks for riding, If you know someone with land and they let you ride on it then this area is fun, if not you can run out of places to ride fast...

Old 03-07-2004, 01:06 AM
Trailblazer
Default Chicagoland Area

Thanks alot guys for the responses. Does anyone know where and if there is one in Rockford, IL as stated above and do any of these places rent ATV's to try out before I jump in and purchase one?

Old 03-07-2004, 01:11 PM
Pro Rider
Default Chicagoland Area

Hey bellracing2,

I see your in antioc and ride the Ds. Im in Richmond, and I also ride the DS. I was at the badlands last weekend for sunday. A few friends and I are heading back again next weekend the 13th or 14th. We head down there once a month.

Gary

Old 03-07-2004, 01:45 PM
Pro Rider
Default Chicagoland Area

If your looking for people and places to ride in Illinois check out ATV TrailMasters club You'll meet some pretty cool people to ride with and you'll have to put up with guys like DStroyer. LOL
If your looking for ATVs to rent before you buy check out the Cheese county trails in Wisconsin. Theres a place up there that rents them out by the hour,
"DS", you got the name to that place?

Old 03-07-2004, 03:37 PM
Trailblazer
Default Chicagoland Area

You guys are awesome, thanks for all the info. I look forward to being a part of this forum!!

Old 03-07-2004, 07:09 PM
Pro Rider
Default Chicagoland Area

Mr. Quadbart,

That name is Mikes Engine Works. He is in Darlington.

By the way, do you think you will be able to make the trip there next weekend? Im not sure if Bean can make it yet. But I think Im gonna go, just to show off Andi's new graphics. Bruce should be done with it on Monday or Tuesday.

Rottweiler,
The link that quadbart gave you is the best site for finding riders throughout Illinois. No idiots in there, just good people that like to get out and play every weekend. There is always someone going somewhere.

Old 03-07-2004, 10:50 PM
Trailblazer
Default Chicagoland Area

Originally posted by: quadbart
If your looking for ATVs to rent before you buy check out the Cheese county trails in Wisconsin. Theres a place up there that rents them out by the hour,
"DS", you got the name to that place?
That sounds great, any idea as to exactly where or the name(s) up in Cheesehead land?

Quick Reply: Chicagoland Area