Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Banff Alberta

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2004, 11:01 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banff Alberta

My Dad is attending a conference in Banff Alberta July22 through 28. We want to do some riding together at least one day and I wouldn't mind riding while he is in class too.

Does anyone know if there are ATV rentals and self guided trails available in the area? Any other information or ideas would really be appreciated. We will be flying into Calgary and will probably catch a bus into Banff and rent a car there.

Old 03-06-2004, 04:43 PM
Pro Rider
Default Banff Alberta

Unfortunately Banff is in the middle of a provincial park. The problem being any OHV are restrictred in the park itself. I heard they have some nice hiking trails though if that's your thing. Depending on what your schedule is like you can go to cochrane area and there are lots of great trails out there (muskeg,mud,hills,and on the outskirts of the mountains). As for atv rentals you would have to try and contact a dealer in Cochrane. I don't believe that there is any atv dealers in Banff. The atv dealers would also be able to show you or tell you where the best trails are. I have never been there myself but a bunch of us will be quading north east of Cochrane this spring. I hope that this helps or gets you going in the proper direction. One last thing hiking sucks no matter how nice the trails are.

Old 03-07-2004, 01:19 AM
MIA
Weekend Warrior
Default Banff Alberta

Happy you’re looking to quad in Alberta.

Best bet is Waiporus just north east of Cochrane. Cochrane is about 20 mins from Calgary, Cochrane is 45 mins from Banff

Waiporus is West of Cochrane on Highway 1A to Highway #940 head 20 mins NE past the Waiporous Town

I just got back from Glamis California, Dune capital of the world with stops all along the I 15
But Waipours, Bow Crow, Rocky Mountain House offer the best places to trail ride so if you can find the time make the drive it's well worth it

Keep in mind the ATV season really doesn't start until late April or May unless we get some warm weather

I have used these guys before

ALL SEASON RENTALS
403-204-1771 OR
1-866-204-1771
A17 - 416 MERIDIAN ROAD SE
EMAIL: allseasonrentals
@telusplanet.net

Other sites to check out

http://www.aurs.org/maps.html

http://www.mikrotron.com/atv/
http://www.canada-adventures-guide.c...ta/atving.html

If you need more Info let me know

MIA

Old 03-07-2004, 03:06 AM
Pro Rider
Default Banff Alberta

MIA

I was curios about this waiprous are ohv area. I've never been in touch with anyone that has actually been in the Waiprous. I was wondering if it is good as everone says it is. We are planning a trip to the area in the spring and wouldlike to know if there is a lot of mud to play in. We all run 4wd quads so the more mud the better. We were planning on going north west of Cochrane to ride near the trunk road (???). If you have been in this area let me know what it's like. The info I have is from a member of the local land rover club and would like a second opinion of the area from a fellow quadder.

Old 03-09-2004, 12:33 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Banff Alberta

Rocky Mountain House area kicks a$$ to ride there are cut lines everywhere to go down. It is 3hours from Banff thou

Old 03-09-2004, 05:21 AM
MIA
Weekend Warrior
Default Banff Alberta

Originally posted by: Sparky660
MIA

I was curios about this waiprous are ohv area. I've never been in touch with anyone that has actually been in the Waiprous. I was wondering if it is good as everone says it is. We are planning a trip to the area in the spring and wouldlike to know if there is a lot of mud to play in. We all run 4wd quads so the more mud the better. We were planning on going north west of Cochrane to ride near the trunk road (???). If you have been in this area let me know what it's like. The info I have is from a member of the local land rover club and would like a second opinion of the area from a fellow quadder.
I’ve been riding for ever 17 years with hundreds of hours per year on My Scrambler 500 4x4 and KX 250. I still find new trail every time at Waiporus.
Waiporus, Rocky Mountain House and Bow Crow have some of the best trail riding anywhere, very easy to get lost but hella fun! As for Mud you can play in it all day and nite. Bring a wrench!
Trunk Road = Forest trunk road = highway #940 check links above for maps

I’d be happy to share hidden trails with you or are send you GPS way points
Let me know if you need more Information

Take care

MIA
Missing In Action

Old 03-11-2004, 12:00 AM
Pro Rider
Default Banff Alberta

MIA

That would be great if you could pass on some way points. I found out that the guy that I know has a sattelite map of the area. Any info of the area is greatly appreciated.

Thanks alot [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]