Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Halsey State Park, Nebraska

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2004, 10:43 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Halsey State Park, Nebraska

Has anybody been rode at Halsey state park in Nebraska. Our club is planning on going
there in about a month. Just wondering what type riding there is out there. I have heard it
is pretty good but just wanted some more info. Thanks!

Old 03-31-2005, 03:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

you can check out the website and see what you can find. When are you going?
halseytrails.com

Old 04-05-2005, 12:31 AM
Weekend Warrior

Halsey is one of my favorite places to ride in Nebraska. It is all sand, and trails are marked prety good. The Dismal trail is the main north-south trail , it is about 10 miles and is clearly marked with signs and cattle gates every couple miles. There are trails that branch off, some make loops and some just seem to quit at a wind mills. There is tight woodes trails in the thick forest and some wide open trails where you can fly. All trails are bidirectional so watch for oncoming traffic. Make sure to find to 4wd hill climb area its on the east side of the dismal trail. There is excelent camping facilities at the state park with showers. You can ride atvs via a mile or 2 black top road from the camp ground to the trail head or park at the trail head and unload. If your more to motel type, there is a nice motel in halsey with a bar across the street that serves food. In the summer I camp, and in the winter months I ruff it in the motel. have fun, it is a nice place to spend a weekend.