Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

southeast michigan...lets ride

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2000, 08:43 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey anyone from southeast michigan? if so giv a shout, lets do some ridin. I go to the genesee county o.r.v. area a.k.a. "the mounds" sometimes. you got a favorite spot? let me know!!!

Old 07-20-2000, 03:09 PM
Range Rover

Hey what's up I live in Warren, MI. I've been to the mounds before not my favorite place ride, it's all whooped out. I love going to bull gap though, that's my favorite. I saw those pics on your web page of Silver lake. I was there "ONCE" my first time there I accidently rode in the pedestrian area and got my bike impounded and I have not been back since. This weekend I'm going riding, either Black Lake which is in Cheyboygan or Mio, I have not decided yet.

Old 07-21-2000, 07:14 AM
Pro Rider

yea the mounds kinda stink. you got to go back to silver lake its totally the best, gone 3 times this year and cant wait to go again. yea you just got to watch those boundry markers! how far is mio? whats in mio thats any good? so what kinda ridin you do? e-mail me

Old 07-22-2000, 12:00 AM
Range Rover

i am going to be at bull gap sunday but i am riding new places all the time let me know if you wanna ride i live in bay city e-mail me exlax2001@yahoo.com

Old 08-03-2000, 08:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live in Burton Mi,near Flint Mi.I ride the Mounds alot because I live only 7 miles from it,so it is convenient for me.I have rode alot of other places to,but I have'nt made it to Mio yet.====Bill

Old 08-03-2000, 10:37 PM
Trailblazer

I live in Macomb County...All of my riding is done in the Indian River/Burt Lake area, dont know if its legal or not but the trails are sweet. Hopefully before the season is over I can get to Black MT, I hear its a good place to ride and its legal.

Old 08-04-2000, 08:13 AM
Pro Rider

I plannin on goin back to the dunes on the 20th-22nd, as long as everything goes as planned. anyone else gonna go?

Old 08-04-2000, 09:46 PM
Pro Rider

I'm still fairly new to riding a quad. My '99 Suzuki KQ is the first quad I've ever owned. The first place I rode was The Mounds. I like it there becuase it's a very good trainer. You get some of everything at the Mounds, if you're bold enough to try it. The Mounds, can hurt you. I've seen it more than once. A guy from Romulas, came out one day, with many of his friends and thought he could ride like Roy Rogers. End up with his brand new Polaris 335cc, 4 X 4, in the lake, upside down and bumble beez stinging him on the way out of the water without his quad. The Mounds, is bad. In the short time I've had my KQ, I've been to The U.P. (200 miles), Bear Lake and Crapo Creek (60 miles), Mio and Hunt Creek (50 miles), Gladwin Trails, Evert Trail, Tin Cup, Big "O", Little "o", and several others in Michigan. Never been to Silver Lake, so I won't comment. Going back to Tin Cup, in three weeks to climb The Devils Hill, that I haven't been able to make yet. I've done a few modifications to my quad and I'm hoping to conquer the hill this time. The guys I ride with have Honda's 450's, Polaris 500's and 400's. They have no problem climbing this hill. In all the places I've been, there's no hill like this one. Sand dunes might be a difficult treat too but this hill has obsticles you have to get around. I use The Mounds, to prepare for it. How's that, Bill?
Chuck, Suzuki KQ 300, GPS & lunch...

Old 08-04-2000, 09:53 PM
Range Rover

Hey, ecorman1
how did you like Crapo Creek and Big Bear? We have a place right across the road from their. Nice view but the trails are way to narrow. We go up to Atlanta (about 15 minutes from Crapo and Big Bear). The trails their are real nice (and wide).

Old 08-05-2000, 01:27 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ecorman,
now heres a guy who knows how to post a accurate description of riding areas.Damn good job Chuck.

I sold the Sportsman 500cc today,so you can remove it from my list of toys.Actually,it was nothing but a burden for me anyways.Now I have one less payment to deal with.Besides,I cant ride two quads at once anyways.====Bill

Quick Reply: southeast michigan...lets ride