Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

wellsville,ohio (yellow crick)

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 08:27 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wellsville,ohio (yellow crick)

wellsville is gettn shut down jan 1 2007 oak tree camp site will be closed .. everything that iv heard they are closing the rail road track entrance way and yellow creek . the rail road police is shuttn down and puttn up fence i am here every weeeknd and iv heard alot going on ... its sad to say but wellsville by next year will be shut down 4 good unless forbiden zone stays open i i will update more my aim screename is onesicy0ta or email me with any questions all4_mud@yahoo.com im not to sure how to work this site

corey

Old 09-25-2006, 09:36 PM
Trailblazer

i really glad that your a true wellsville rider,,, but i live here and ive been riding there for over 30 years..... the place is not closing

Old 09-25-2006, 09:36 PM
Trailblazer

thats is i mean the whole place just 500 acres

Old 09-25-2006, 10:13 PM
Trailblazer

My good friend has a campsite at yellow creek and got a letter from the owners saying that the campground has not and will not be sold. He also said that the access road has been redone but you can no longer cross into the trails at the tracks. He said they are already working on cutting a new path into the trails.

Old 09-25-2006, 10:15 PM
Trailblazer

thank you my friend. that is point exactly

Old 09-26-2006, 02:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

WELL WELLSVILLE IS NOW SHUT DOWN FOR GOOD .... IF U TRY AND CROSS THE TRSCKS U WILL GET TICKETS AND TOW BIKE TRUCK OR WHAT EVER YOUR ON .. A COMAPNY BOUGHT THE LAND AND IS GONNA START DUMPING THERE .. IS SAD BUT TRUE U CAN STILL RIDE AT OAK TREE BUT ITS NOT GONNA BE FOR LONG AND THEY ONLY HAVE A SHORT AMOUNT OF RIDEING AREA SO WATCH WHERE U RIDE

Old 09-26-2006, 08:04 PM
Pro Rider

This really sucks. I guess there's still land to ride on, but still...I'm mad.

Old 09-26-2006, 08:49 PM
Trailblazer

if i go thru the forbidden zone you can still ride everything up to the tracks,, there are so many ways to get in there with out going thru the tracks or oak tree.trust me they are not closing 3000 acres. only about 500

Old 09-27-2006, 05:21 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hi im coming down to yellowcreek from akron every other weekend-they say you cannot get across the tracks anymore too camp--is the forbidden zone still open--i have a clan of guys going with me this weekend here too ride-where should i go-does it still cost to ride in the forbidden zone---i dont know where oaktree is -im new to wellsville this year and have had a blast---the scooby doo hills and killer are the funnest ive seen anywhere--i have collected pictures of all the main climbing hills in yellowcreek and others also-im a guy that carrys my camera on the trail .I have collected alot of pictures from here and some of you all are probably in them----labor weekend i took about 400 nice pictures of all the riders coming and going----ill post some of them sometime for everyone to see after yellowcreek is tore up and gone-somebody please help me out here -i hate too drive all that ways just to turn around and go home-ill be pissed off--thanks again and i like the forrums on this site-RICK FOUSE AKRON

Old 09-27-2006, 05:32 AM
Weekend Warrior

HI YOU CAN COME 80 FROM CLEVELAN TO ROUT76 EAST---take 76 east to route 11south-the canfield-11south--go down route 11 all the way to the wellsville exit--route 7 and 11 wellsville exit----after you hit the wellsville exit go 3 exits and get off in salinesville--as you get off the ramp turn rite and follow the dirt road up the hill-you will see the forbidden zone on the left at the top of the hill--it cost 10.00 a night to camp-i know that sucks but everything is being sold at the bottom of yellowcreek and there the camping was free-i hope this helps you and hope you enjoy yourself---Rick akron

Quick Reply: wellsville,ohio (yellow crick)