Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Hollister, CA Weekend of 4/30

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2004, 12:09 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hollister, CA Weekend of 4/30

I will be heading up there on Friday night, and camping through to Sunday morning. Stop by and say hi if you see us....we're new to the sport and always looking to meet new people.

We're riding a green 250 bayou and a red 360 prairie...driving a silver 2004 Nissan Frontier.

Old 04-23-2004, 01:17 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: bishbashers
I will be heading up there on Friday night, and camping through to Sunday morning. Stop by and say hi if you see us....we're new to the sport and always looking to meet new people.We're riding a green 250 bayou and a red 360 prairie...driving a silver 2004 Nissan Frontier.
Ill try and say hi if i find ya..
Ill be there on a Green Outlander 400 with a Black 2002 F250 4x4....

Old 04-26-2004, 01:29 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

I'll be there. '03 Black and Red Warrior. '91 White GMC Sonoma long bed. Should be with a group of a few. Probably be a couple of white F-350 Crew Cab long bed trucks with toy haulers. Hoping to be in Walnut (first camp when you come in past Radio Hill or whatever it is. Probably also a black Chevy Extreme (S-10) w/ blue flames.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 04-26-2004, 04:14 AM
Pro Rider

N/m Im not going.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
The 'Lander is injured.

Old 04-26-2004, 06:00 AM
Air Cooled Rider

Injured...hmmm.

You need to get some pics of the damage. As you saw I didn't escape damage either. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] At least the plugs held.

Old 04-26-2004, 01:46 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Checked the tire this morning....it was rather squishy. Looks like 4 new shoes. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-29-2004, 01:43 AM
Air Cooled Rider

bishbashers, where are you going to be at, do you know? I will probably be around Madrone camp. Going to be in a group of about 15 people, depending on who stays where. In the camp should be (all are white) '91 GMC Sonoma Long bed, '03 Ford F-350 crew cab (non-dually) x2, Dodge 3500 quad cab (dually) and Toyota Tundra. Not sure what else will be there. Probably 3 toy boxes and maybe a travel trailer.

Quads:
black and red Warrior
Yellow Quadzilla (LT500)
(2) Red 300EXs
yellow LT250
(2) red 400EXs
purple frankenstein Blaster
maybe 2 or 3 bikes

Old 04-29-2004, 05:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hiya Blackand red,

The two of us will be trying to get into Walnut since we heard it was one of the better camping grounds (lots of trees we heard), but since we won't be pulling in until around 7 PM tomorrow night we might not get to be choosy.

Unfortunately we're just tenting it (dang quads drained us lol...although my husband will be drooling over all the trailers...his idea of a fun Saturday is going to RV stores) and we'll be pulling an enclosed UHaul with a light silver Frontier (no plates on it with a UC Davis sticker on the back).

If Walnut is full we'll check out the Madrone area and definitely look for you :-)
Throughout the weekend we'll mostly be on the green circle trails (I'm a wussy newbie) :-)

Old 04-29-2004, 05:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

Black,

I was just looking at your pics...that first pic of you on your quad at Hollister...what campground was that in?? It looks really nice and shady (supposed to be 80 this weekend)?

Old 04-30-2004, 02:01 AM
Air Cooled Rider

Just about all of the campgrounds are nice and shady. The Day Use area is pretty much completely exposed.

The first pic was taken in Bee camp. The rd is behind me a 100' ft. The bathroom is different now. I believe they are all now handicap accessible.

Check your PMs. I'll send you my phone number. I should be getting to the park about 3pm or so I'm thinking. If you would like I can save a place for you and you're more than welcome to join our group. Probably going to be about 15 people. Getting there much after 5 leaves slim pickings at Walnut camp.

Quick Reply: Hollister, CA Weekend of 4/30