Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Augusta, Ga. area...

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 10:29 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Augusta, Ga. area...

Sunnyside ATV Paradise, about 8 miles south of Harlem, Ga. on Hwy 221s.
was out there yesterday, and had a blast! About 800 acres of trails through the woods, in, and around an old clay/caolin mine...mud bogs, 3 of them! Uphills, down hills wide open areas, tight technical areas, motoX track, it's all there.
I am NOT affiliated with the guys operating this park, I just had a super good time out there, and thought I'd let others know. These guys are just getting started and neeed our support to make it work. They are currently only open every other week-end, next open date is, May 8&9....be there!

P.S. check it out <www.sunnysideatv.com>
kliff

Old 05-17-2004, 10:17 AM
Trailblazer

Durhamtown Plantation...at the coaxing of de8212, I went....MAN, am I glad I did! That place is AWESOME. Mile after mile of trails, EMT's on site, roving patrols, restaurant, pro shop, bike and atv rentals, freindly staff....GREAT PLACE! Iwill be back. Even though I still haven't made the "hook-up" with de8212....his advice on where to go was spot-on!

Sunnyside ATV Paradise...on the other hand, I don't know what these guys are doing. Their original flyer stated they'd be open, May 9, Mother's Day. I arrange to have a half dozen freinds meet me out there at 8:30am...gates are locked, CLOSED, family emergency. Well, OK, family emergency.....maybe. Their on site sign, had a re-adjusted schedule, open the 15 & 16, cool. Yesterday, the 16th, I go to Sunnyside....CLOSED. Same family emergency sign as the week before. Two more freinds were with me then...We went to Durhamtown.
If this venture is expected to "take hold," then someone better get busy, and make it work. 'Cause the way I see it, they're competing with a professional, not an hours drive away, they're only open 2 days a week, apparently if they feel like it, and not every weekend of the month.

In our area, I would recommend the hour drive to Durhamtown...'cause the 20 minute drive to Sunnyside, is probably gonna be met with a "CLOSED" sign. I hope this changes....but for now, I rather spend an extra 10 bucks and drive further, to have a guaranteed good time.

Well done, Durhamtown Plantation!

kliff

Old 09-11-2004, 03:40 AM
Trailblazer

an trails near columbus or newnan?