Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Paiute Trail ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2000, 03:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This has probably been done to death but I am wanting to hear from people that have done the Paiute. Have about all the web stuff. Want to know wich is the best part of the trail to ride, best motels and restaraunts, things to see. Going to have a week and want to make the most of it.

Old 07-25-2000, 05:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hello ChopperBill.
Some friends and myself rode all of the paiute trail this last weekend. We didn’t take any side trails however.
I found the section from Circleville to the Paiute Indian Museum in Clear Creek Canyon to be the most scenic. This section also has the most trail and has the most difficult sections.
If doing this section , I would not miss the chance to detour down Deer Creek ( trail # 74 ) for a meal at Hoover Café. This trail drops down a canyon along a stream with several crossings and some good food at the end. I did that ride yesterday.
I hope this helps.

Old 07-25-2000, 09:01 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks Qball this is the type of stuff I have been looking for. Nothing like the experienced to get info from. May see ya around.

Old 07-26-2000, 08:41 PM
Trailblazer

I just contacted the Sevier Travel Council and ordered a map and a information pamphlet. The person there told me that this will be a big help since I am out of state. Any informartion anyone has to offer will help me out also. Going in Sept. for 2 weeks.

The map is $11.00 make the check out to and the address is:

Rocky Mountain ATV
220 North 600 WEST
Richfield Utah 84701
1-800-662-8898

Old 07-26-2000, 11:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

3TV
I picked up a Fishlake National Forest Travel Map and a Paiute Trail Map from the local forest service office. Odds are your local office will have these maps also.

Old 07-27-2000, 12:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

A couple of sites that I have found on the Web may help. www.marysvale.org/contents.html
This site contains maps, pictures, and all kinds of information on the Paiute trail. The other site I have found that is helpful is www.marysvale.org/atvlinks.html
This site conatins many links to Utah ATV web pages.
97 300EX & 00 Recon

Old 07-27-2000, 05:33 PM
Pro Rider

3TV...wow a fellow Cedar City resident...where do you go riding around here?? I too am interested in the Paiute trail...how would a 400EX do on the trails??

Old 07-28-2000, 03:16 AM
Trailblazer

Can you ride on the street in Richfield>?
Also, Is the Super 8 Motel in Richfield nice?
Finally, Has anyone been to this National ATV Jamboree in Filmore, Utah? if so, how was it, and how were the trails?

Old 07-28-2000, 10:34 AM
Pro Rider

Phil, I've covered alot of Cedar Mountain the past few years...I usually go out to Three Peaks if I just want to tear it up on the EX. Where did you order your Raptor..how much was it (if you don't mind me asking?).
Yeah, your kid is lucky to get that bike at such a young age...I'm jealous
I'm trying to convince my wife we need a Raptor and a Rubicon in addition to what we have already...she ain't bitin'. Later, Drew.

Old 12-20-2001, 11:43 AM
Trailblazer

Hi 3TV:
We're planning a trip on the Paiute Trail this fall b4 the jamboree. What's your opinion on the best place to stay. We've discussed Richfield, but it looks like there are more facilities in Marysvale. 2 in our group are driving and trailering machines from Cleveland, while the other 2 of us are flying to either Las Vegas or Salt Lake City. Also is it easier or shorter to get to Vegas or Salt Lake from the trail. Thanks for any info you have.

Don

Quick Reply: Paiute Trail ?