Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Need Central Cali riding spots.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2004, 04:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Central Cali riding spots.....

Hey Guyz,
I usually got Jawbone but it's starting to get hot.
Anyone know some detailed directions of where to ride in or around the Central valley prefer some mountain trail rides, been to Pismo, looking for a Mountain ride........

Old 04-30-2004, 06:20 PM
Quad Patrol

BALDMIKE, Welcome to the Forum. This topic has been discussed numerous times, there is plenty of riding to do in Central Ca. You can do a search under "Search" button above and type in "places to ride in northern ca" or something similiar.
I know up by me there is the Stanislaus Nat'l Forest above Sonora.
There is a rider on here that goes by BlackandRed, who is close to you. According to previous threads he responded to this week, he is riding at Hollister this weekend. I don't know if he will check this thread over the weekend, but you can PM his directly by looking him up under forum members and asking him directly. Just go to the "Gallery' button above and look him up under BlackandRed, then send him a msg. Or you can see if he will visit this thread. Good Luck[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Lt.Dan

Old 04-30-2004, 08:27 PM
Pro Rider

Thank you rescuediver

Old 05-04-2004, 06:43 PM
Range Rover

hey baldmike-
you probably need to look a bit north of visalia for legal mountain riding. Sequoia NF down your way doesn't like atvs. Sierra NF policies are a bit more reasonable but even here they are becoming hard to deal with... You might try Miami Creek on Highway 41 north of Oakhurst, its a green-sticker riding area. Lots of other Sierra riding areas. Even in the mountains it gets hot, dry & dusty by the middle of summer.

Old 05-04-2004, 08:01 PM
Pro Rider

700quadman
Thanks for the tips.
I went riding @ Hungry Valley in Gorman on the grapevine last weekend and had a blast, 10-12 degrees cooler than Visalia and about 20 degrees cooler than Jawbone..........

Old 05-04-2004, 10:36 PM
Range Rover

I like Hungary Valley but it also is hot & dusty in the summer

Old 05-05-2004, 12:27 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 05-05-2004, 12:40 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

No wonder my ears were ringing this weekend, someone was talking about me. I just attributed it to the 107dbA and 105.7dbA my friends were posting at Hollister. The 107 did repack and posted a 100.3 and was allowed to ride (like an '87 Zilla).

Anyways. Yeah, I like to ride Miami. powerstroke01 can show you around up there once his Outlander is back in order. He lives right by it. Really a technical trail spot. Mostly motorcycles. The roads to get a bit dusty (but everywhere this time of year they do.) We are going to try for some of the higher elevations once the snow melts. He just reported snow 6500-7000' up Beasore Rd. above Bass Lake. I could see us hitting Miami sometime in May if you are interested. We ride with a group. Most of us are in Fresno, but others come from Reedley & Hanford. We usually go up for a day ride. Sometimes I stay in Bass Lake and ride 2 days. You can camp there as well. Only a few spots though. Busy day might get 50 people up there. About 60 miles of trails.

I'm going to be up above Greeley Hill, Coulterville area this weekend. Going to be about 30 riders or so. Should be really cool. That's Stanislaus N.F. I think they are pretty relaxed up there about OHVs. It's a 2 hr drive for me via Oakhurst & Mariposa. Would probably be 3+ for you.

I've ridden Hungry Valley once (last Memorial Day weekend.) It was ok. Hot and dusty though. I'm a better rider now and might be able to handle the whooped out sections over in the stream beds.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 05-05-2004, 02:03 AM
Quad Patrol

[quote]
Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
No wonder my ears were ringing this weekend, someone was talking about me.

Sorry, BlackandRed, when I read where Baldmike was from, I remembered you were down his way. How was Hollister? I wsa going to try and make it, but to many honey-doos and other things going on[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] And it doesn't look like it's going to get any better until the middle of June. Lt. Dan

Old 05-05-2004, 02:16 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

NP rescue. I'm about 45 north of Visalia. BTW, there will be a show at the Ag Center next weekend on the 15 & 16th or so. Access for All Expo.

Hollister was nice weather, but really dusty and rough. Didn't even ride Sunday. Too sore when I woke up. At least I was playing host and was out from most of the time. Not too dusty when nobody is in front of you.

I had several people back out at the last minute. That's the usual operation anyways. I'm used to it. Actually ran into one guy I hadn't seen in almost a year. Couldn't remember his name until I was almost done talking to him. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

And the park was almost deserted. I think 1/3 of Madrone was open Most of the people were day users. Probably 1/3 of Bee Camp and 1/3-1/2 of Lodge Camp were open. Walnut was packed as someone was doing a Poker Run I guess. And not that many down in Day Use. They must have heard I would be there. LOL

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Quick Reply: Need Central Cali riding spots.....