Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Magazine Mt. Trails

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2004, 03:17 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magazine Mt. Trails

Hey Guys & Gals, Any of you ride the Magazine Mt. Trails in Ark. Although i've been up there many times in years past on motorcycles or in a vehicle, i would now like to take to the trails on my AC 650. My questions are how extensive are the trails, are the trails marked, do they go anywhere near Blue Mt. Lake south of the Mt. Also do any of you have a ride planned there in the near future & would you mind a couple of Okie's, formerly Arkie's tagging along. We used to live in Booneville & moved out to Ione many years ago. We owned 6 acres on the south side of Blue Mt. Lake, but sold it after moving to Ok. My son & i just returned from Moab, Utah & rode several of the trails there. We will now be taking in the major trails in Ok; Ark; & Mo; a lot closer than the 20 hr. drive to Moab. Wolf Pen Gap is another destination we will be going to. We rode our motorcycles( cruisers) to Mena across the Talimena drive last summer & checked out Wolf Pen, or at least the general location, that is. We may be riding to Magazine Mt. this weekend on our bikes , to check on the trails there & gather some info before we take our ATV's. Also want to check on the camping situation on the Mt. Can you camp at Spring Lake? I would appreciate any info on good trail rides in the three states i've mentioned. I have locations for many of the trails in these areas, but would like some first hand information from some of you who have been there & done that. I,ve also heard of some trails around Norfolk Lake, has anyone else? Feel free to e-mail me or just reply to my post. Regards, Jerico1