Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Attn: California Riders

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 07:33 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Attn: California Riders

Glamis for Memorial? ouch. Take black cast iron cook wear. You won't need a stove, bbq, etc. Cooking by Nature.

That's going to be REALLY hot. Though I guess you could sleep during the days and ride at night. Bring more water than you think you'll need.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 05-17-2004, 07:45 PM
Pro Rider

I know that it would be hot but my cousin said that it was a blast I was wondering if it was true or not or if it was going to be boring

Old 05-18-2004, 01:16 PM
Air Cooled Rider

I guess the only way it could be boring would be to compare it to the major winter holidays when it's jam packed. Probably won't be a whole lot of people out there.

Old 05-18-2004, 02:20 PM
Royalty Rider

Originally posted by: HappywithVForce
Isn't Pismo full for that weekend? Do you still need reservations?
Probably is, but I dont need reservations, Ill just go out for the day and crash at a friends house. Staying out there on busy weekends doesnt interest me...too many young crazy kids that dont even ride.

Old 05-18-2004, 09:10 PM
Trailblazer

dancingqueen where do you guys head out for memorial weekend. What do you guys think about Ocotillio Wells for memorial weekend

Old 05-19-2004, 01:24 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: wahwahRaptor
dancingqueen where do you guys head out for memorial weekend. What do you guys think about Ocotillio Wells for memorial weekend
HOT!!! You would do better in the high desert.

Old 05-19-2004, 02:25 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Thunder53
Has anyone ever gone to Glamis? Me and my dad are thinking about going but don't know what it is like or if we should just go somewhere closer? If we do go we were wondering if his would even be able to go up any hills he has a Honda 350ES.

probably be about 95 at glamis

Old 05-19-2004, 05:29 PM
Range Rover

Hey Baldmike - We go to Gorman quite a bit ourselves, and we usually have my stepson with us (just turned 13, but looks like 10). Does your boy ride? We're always looking for people to ride with who have kid/s to keep stepson busy. You know how they get "bored" when they're just with the adults. Hey if you're ever interested in meeting up - let me know! We've met a lot of nice families out there.

For Memorial weekend, we're going to Calico Ghost Town (near Barstow). Has anyone ever ridden there? I never had any idea they allow OHV riding there (and RV hookups/campsites/cabin rentals too). Actually, friends we met in Gorman told us about it and said it was pretty cool. The price of the campsite ($21 for RV hookup) even includes entrance into the Ghost Town, where there's like 30 shops, restaurants, museums, tours, etc. It's also "dog friendly". We have a reservation in the "riding area" where we can ride right from our campsite. We thought we'd check it out anyway - always looking for new and exciting places to ride!

Old 05-19-2004, 05:38 PM
Royalty Rider

Originally posted by: wahwahRaptor
Im gonna head to Pismo, nice cool weather compared to the Valley. But lots of folks will be at Fallon.

Old 05-19-2004, 06:50 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Originally posted by: dancingqueen

Im gonna head to Pismo, nice cool weather compared to the Valley. But lots of folks will be at Fallon.
Aww queen, you don't like the heat? It's only going to be a nice warm 90+ in Valley next weekend.

Downright chilly 70 on the coast. Better bring the long johns and the parka!

Quick Reply: Attn: California Riders