Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Bauers Pit...do's and not do's

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2004, 01:22 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bauers Pit...do's and not do's

Bauers place is an awesome place to ride for any rider level and with people abusing their privlage to ride there isn't giving ATV's a good reputation. Some things that have been getting really bad out there:

1-rolling cars and leaving them out there, and torching them

2-drugs and excessive alcohol use. It's okay to have a couple beers after a good hard ride....but keep it in limits
3-Keep it in the pit. Drag racing is un-nessisary on the gravel road

4-Flying through the parking lot during a busy day

5-Partys on the weekends

Me, my brother, buddy Andrew, and Andrew's Girlfriend spend a few hours towing 2 vehilces so they weren't blocking any paths or getting them to areas where we can get a flat bed out there to get them out. 1 Torched Lincon, and 1 Totaled Ford Explorer Sport. I'm just trying to help keep this place open as long as possible. And It's going to take more than 4 of us to be able to do that. Just thought Everyone who rides out here should know and possibly help prevent much of this from happening.

Old 05-16-2004, 04:14 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have some potentially good news. I will be having a meeting in the very near future in regards to taking over the pit. I had a discussion with Roy the last time I was there and I'm optimistic that we can work something out.

Psychotic,

I'm glad you brought this up. It has been a growing problem that will come to a halt real fast if the deal goes through. I can't make any definite guarantees as of yet, we will have to see how this meeting goes. Since you're only 10 miles from my next meeting, why don't you stop over and offer these concerns. We're meeting in Lexington, May 23rd at 4 p.m. in the bar at the campgrounds. Don't be concerned about your age, I don't suspect there will be any issues. Hope to see you there.

Old 05-17-2004, 09:04 PM
Pro Rider

psychotic400ex:Coming from, I think a younger rider. Nice post,5 stars for you [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-17-2004, 09:07 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: LEP7MM
I have some potentially good news. I will be having a meeting in the very near future in regards to taking over the pit. I had a discussion with Roy the last time I was there and I'm optimistic that we can work something out.

Psychotic,

I'm glad you brought this up. It has been a growing problem that will come to a halt real fast if the deal goes through. I can't make any definite guarantees as of yet, we will have to see how this meeting goes. Since you're only 10 miles from my next meeting, why don't you stop over and offer these concerns. We're meeting in Lexington, May 23rd at 4 p.m. in the bar at the campgrounds. Don't be concerned about your age, I don't suspect there will be any issues. Hope to see you there.
I'll have to see. But it is a real issue. That'd be awesome if the ATV club leased it or something.

Old 05-17-2004, 09:07 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ZButcheR
psychotic400ex:Coming from, I think a younger rider. Nice post,5 stars for you [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
thanks, i'll put those stars on my 400ex. Yes I'm only 16

Old 05-17-2004, 09:27 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Great job one and all! That's the way to be pro-active! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-18-2004, 10:39 AM
Pro Rider

LEP7MM:Can anyone attend this meeting?????..& if so weres Lexington???I would like to check it out..

Old 05-18-2004, 11:11 AM
Pro Rider

Butcher,

anyone can attend the club meetings. Lexington is about 10 miles west of Montgomery on County Road 26.

Old 05-19-2004, 12:30 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: LEP7MM
Butcher,

anyone can attend the club meetings. Lexington is about 10 miles west of Montgomery on County Road 26.
OK Thx Bud ..Is the campground/Bar Ez to find ?????????after 1 is in Lexington????????

Old 05-19-2004, 11:07 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah it should be easy to find. All Lexington has is the campground and a bar on the West side of the lake. One of those "Bend-in-the-Road" towns.

I'm guessing at about 10 miles West of Montgomery. There will be a set of "S" curves in the road, shortly after that, you'll come to a sharp right hander at the lake (30 mph corner I think). Take the next left on the edge of the lake. There will be some mobile homes and campers there.

Quick Reply: Bauers Pit...do's and not do's