Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Suttons Bluff in Missouri

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2004, 11:55 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suttons Bluff in Missouri

Rode there yesterday and it was really nice. Much like a small Chadwick. If you like whoops, mud bogs, racing little circle tracks or any of that then don't bother, it is just trails and roads to ride on, AND THEY DO PATROL THEM WELL!! Plus I will start going down there and just as I did at Chadwick, if I see anyone going off the trail tearing up a hill they aren't supposed to I will report them or beat the hell out of them depending on how I feel as I am tired of land being taken away from those of us that ride respectably because of jerks who have to tear everything up. For those of you who like to trail ride and just enjoy being on an atv then Suttons bluff will be good, if you want to do all kind of stunts and try to kill yourself go to St Joe, they don't care if you do there, and neither do I.

Old 05-23-2004, 12:38 PM
Trailblazer

I may be interested in visiting Sutton's Bluff real soon. When are you going back down? And do you REALLY have to have one of those triangle things for the back?

Thanks,
Rob

Old 05-23-2004, 01:00 PM
Range Rover

I'll probably be down there next weekend, Memorial day, camping with my wife and doing a little riding. The only rules that I saw were that you need to wear a helmet if you are under 18, which i would advise one even if your over 18 because of the safety and with all the overgrowth you will get hit by many branches and such. You have to have a flag. You must have a valid drivers license. ANd you will need two permits. One which is $5 a day or $35 anuually that allows you to ride on the federal trails, and the other that I paid $10 for and it doesn't expire until Dec. 2005 which allowas you to ride on forest and county roads in Reynolds county. You will need both as the trails are all over the place and you need to ride the roads to get to them. They are sticklers there too and show no leniency so I would advise you to have all your ducks ina row, and wearing a helmet will also appease them as they like to see that too. Hope to see you there. Here are some links to the ridaing area and regulations. I will try to scan the map in later today.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/marktwain/re...tton_bluff.htm

http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/marktwain/re...es_handout.pdf

Old 05-23-2004, 04:15 PM
Trailblazer

thanks for the heads up. I know I can't go on Saturday as we are painting our living room, but it COULD be possible on Sunday. Will know more as the week goes on.

Thanks alot,
Rob

Old 05-24-2004, 02:11 AM
Pro Rider

"or beat the hell out of them depending on how I feel"

"if you want to do all kind of stunts and try to kill yourself go to St Joe, they don't care if you do there, and neither do I."

Easy man, easy! I like to do all kinds of riding, some of which I'm sure you'd consider "trying to kill myself." That doesn't mean that I can't be a mature trail rider. Maybe you didn't mean to come off like that, but it sure sounds bad.

I know there are a lot of irresponsible people in this world. But, I believe that MOST members of this forum are atv enthusiasts that love this sport and don't want to create negative publicity. And if you want to relay your message in a way to get a more positive response, talk with respect to others and not like we're little kids that you're gonna whip up on. I'm sure you're just venting and you have good reason to be aggravated with the misuse of land. However, threatening statements like that just make you sound less civilized.

If you come to St. Joe, meet us and we can still all be friends. By the way, I'm the idiot on the Banshee doing 65-70 mph wheelies.

Later,

Daren

Old 05-24-2004, 11:40 PM
Pro Rider

No doubt.........Chill out dude!

Me and mine were down there a couple weeks ago. We always have a blast when we go there (except when its 28 degrees). We ride a little fast but use caution at the same time. Love the jumps especially #9 hill. Wish it was a little closer to St. Lou though.

Old 05-25-2004, 09:33 AM
Trailblazer

Hey, just how long of a drive is it to Sutton's Bluff from St. Louis?

Old 05-25-2004, 07:53 PM
Range Rover

My apologies to anyone who was offended by my statements. I guess I need to realize that not evrybody was raised Marine corps like myself. Plus most of you were in diapers if not just a gleam in your parents eyes while I was out riding dirtbikes in all the areas that were available back then, heck there were no private areas, you just found a spot and rode it. I never meant to offend those who ride courteously and respectably, and yes we all do stunts, it's just some go out, do a stunt they are not nearly capable of, then get hurt and sue, hence more land being taken away. For those who are offended though I am truely sorry, but I just want more people to be respectable as I want my grandchildren to be able to ride also. As far as sounding mean, I didn't want to, I was raised strict, and a good threat went a long way, as it meant that they were serious, which is what I am. Would I beat up someone, heck no, I would stop and tell them gruffly to stop now if they smarted off then lookout as I am out there trying to help to keep the riding area they are tearing up open to riders. But I am also the one who stops and asks if all is allright when I see someone stopped, and I'm also the one who will siphon gas out of my tank to put in yours to get you back to your vehicle or what ever it takes to help other riders out. Once again though I do apologize if I hurt anyones feelings, just trying to keep the riding areas policed so we can all enjoy riding and hopefully get more land in the national forests as they are talking about. Keep it safe and have fun.

Old 05-31-2004, 02:22 AM
Pro Rider

No apologies needed here. I wasn't offended. I understand and agree with your concerns. I just got back from Little Sahara, and needless to say, I saw many people / things that I didn't agree with. Oh well I guess.

Have fun on the trails!

Daren

Old 06-02-2004, 01:05 PM
Pro Rider

Any easier cruiser trails there? Do they allow riding double? Wife want's to go somewhere too but we only have one ATV.

Quick Reply: Suttons Bluff in Missouri