Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Suttons Bluff in Missouri

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2004 | 09:32 PM
|
Range Rover
Default Suttons Bluff in Missouri

all the trails there are pretty easy, give or take a couple of tricky spots mainly on trail 1, but a lot of the riding is roads. The law states there is no double riding, but last weekend you sure wouldn't think so, like I said though, they do patrol it pretty well.

Old 06-03-2004 | 12:08 AM
Weekend Warrior

I know this doesnt have to really do with riding, but I am wanting to go a whole weekend and take my camper and ride and go fishing. Is the River there very big, can you swim. I dont know much about the place. Is the fishing any good? I was just wondering. I am wanting to get away, and do everything outdoors and I heard this is a nice place. It there a campground?

Old 06-03-2004 | 12:15 AM
|
Range Rover

yes there is a campground, no electric though, you can swin and fish too and the water is clear and nice. Really great place to camp, ride, swim, hike, and fish.

Old 06-03-2004 | 12:21 AM
Weekend Warrior

you think I could get a 30 foot camper in there?

Old 06-03-2004 | 12:22 AM
Weekend Warrior

Is the river good for a canoe or small paddle boat

Old 06-03-2004 | 11:28 AM
Pro Rider

Crew,

That's why I was asking about riding double. We have a 33 ft 5th wheel and would camp at Johnsons Shut Ins not far from Suttons. Then just trailer over to ride. But guess it doesn't matter now for me since riding double isn't allowed. Guess we will have to wait for the Paiute Trail in August.

Craig

Old 06-03-2004 | 03:21 PM
Trailblazer

SPD522,

I can relate with you. I know it is frowned apon here but the wife and I like to ride together as well. We can afford two rigs if we wanted to but she does not like to drive, we just want to ride the trails and enjoy the day together. We are not kids and we are not idiots but the law has seen fit to not allow us the right to enjoy ourselves in many places. I have heard all of the arguments about riding double and they are not taking one thing into consideration. I am an adult and am smart enough to know my limitaions and the limitaions of my ATV. Warnings are a great thing, the manufacturer warns me that riding double will effect my handleing, I understand that and we do not excede the abilities of the bike. Its too bad someone did not and now we all have to pay for it.

Sorry, down off of my soap box. What I wanted to ask was where do you guys like to ride that allows double riding. I know knowbody recomends it but many places do not make it illegal.

Old 06-03-2004 | 09:05 PM
|
Range Rover

to answer the questions I've seen since my last post, I'm not sure how long the trailer was, but I would say it was a 25 to 30 foot camper trailer I saw there so yes they do fit. I don't know about a paddleboat but definitely a canoe would work as the Black river is a great canoeing river. As far as riding double, like I said, it doesn't bother me as long as people are safe, and with as many as I saw riding double I'm not sure what they would do. I know money may be an issue but there are double seat atv's out there by the way. If you do find someplace to ride other than St. Joe, Sutton Bluff please let me know. I did find out that in the near future they are opening up trails in the Mark Twain Forest just outside of Potosi, and it is supposed to be huge like Chadwick. One of the Park rangers I talked with said much like Sutton Bluff that you can get a county permit and ride on the county and forset roads right now, and they are just waiting for the finals to go through the courts then the trails will be open, but it will be federal so there will only be trail riding, not anything off the marked trails, and there are many more rangers there as they are already giving tickets to people. By the way, when I was at Sutton Bluff, they gave a dirtbiker a $104 ticket for riding on the roads, as atv's are allowed, but unless the two wheelers are street legal they are not. If I find out any more about Potosi I will post it and if anyone knows any more than what I just said please let us all know or any other places too. Good luck, have fun, and be safe. Next time maybe we can all get together to go riding.