Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Riders In WILMINGTON, NC

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2004, 12:37 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Riders In WILMINGTON, NC

Hey if there are any riders around the wilmington area, i would love to get together, always looking for new trails and riders

Old 05-26-2004, 08:25 AM
Pro Rider

Treylaxbanshee, I haven't looked at the map to see how close you are yet, but We have a small riding group that we go with a couple times a month. Your welcome to join us if you like. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] We're either going to W.Va. or Brown Mtn. this weekend.

Old 05-26-2004, 09:49 AM
Range Rover

hey flyn,

I apreciate the offer I dont know if will happen this weekend but I would love to do it some time, Wilmington is about 4.5 hours from Salisbury/ Charlotte. But I would love to meet up with you guys some time and hit the trails. I will definitely have to stay posted on what you guys are doing.

Old 05-26-2004, 09:53 AM
Pro Rider

Sounds good Trey. We have two threads right now that we've been talking on.

this one

and this one

I'll throw you a PM too if we getting anything going in the near future.

Old 07-18-2004, 02:24 AM
Trailblazer

Trey, where do you ride around Wilmington now?

Old 07-18-2004, 05:45 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

Trey,
I rode at some land in Wilmington that had a large pond on it that was crystal clear. In the center of the pond was a huge white sand penninsula. The pond was surrounded by woods/trails,,,,but the total riding area was pretty small.
The property was accessed at a dead end in the middle of a residential subdivision. (in Wilmington)
I was told the swim team from the college owned it and they held practice in it (the water and sand were awesome)(drinkable).

I have two pics of this place on my page. The stuck jeep pic,,,,,and me riding my buddies warrior with no helmet. I will put another up,,,,of the water.

Anyway,,,does this place sound familiar?????

It also connected to some powerlines.

Old 07-18-2004, 05:53 AM
Super Quad Patrol

alright there is another

we are on the peninsula (#12, 16, 18)

Old 07-18-2004, 09:16 PM
Range Rover

hey guys i know right where you are talking about, that land does belong to the college so be careful out there because they will nail you, i have never riden there but i have gone swimming there before the water is great. there are some ok riding areas in wilmington but not many. i have some family land and then there are some areas out on river road if you know where that is. i am not speaking of the area around the power lines though, to many woops for quads. but there are also some more areas, i also am very fond of some area out by castle hayne, it is pretty fun with some trails, but the local rock querry is located there and it also provides some interesting riding. drop me a line if you ever want to go riding, my cell is 910-612-6762. i am always looking for riding partners so give me a call and we will get together to riding some time, i look forward to hearing from you so we can hit the trails

later
Trey

Old 07-18-2004, 10:37 PM
Super Quad Patrol

to many woops for quads.
say what!!!!!!??????? whoops are awesome!!!!

I live in Seattle now (used to live in Charlotte),,,,I couldnt stand being called a Yankee,,,,so I stole a southern bell,,,,and ended up here.

Old 07-18-2004, 10:42 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Bing
to many woops for quads.
say what!!!!!!??????? whoops are awesome!!!!I live in Seattle now (used to live in Charlotte),,,,I couldnt stand being called a Yankee,,,,so I stole a southern bell,,,,and ended up here.
So when I move there what am I going to be called ? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

And I love whoops !!

Quick Reply: Riders In WILMINGTON, NC