Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Finger Lakes In Missouri

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2004, 12:35 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finger Lakes In Missouri

I Finger Lakes a good riding area? I like to trail ride, not into much of the stunts or jumps just simple woodsy trail riding. Let me know as I am thinking about going there next weekend and thanks ahead of time.

Old 06-06-2004, 04:36 PM
Pro Rider

I just went there yesterday. You have to like mud to like the trails. It is rough and technical in some areas, and muddy in most. It is a great place to ride. I spend all of my time on the track, so I don't worry about how muddy it is, but they say after it rains it is terrible. I may go again next week as well.

Justin

Old 06-08-2004, 12:07 AM
Weekend Warrior

i am going tomarrow with some friends and i go a couple times a month it is muddy but if you have 20" or taller tires on most days you can go through most trails but the bigger the tires the better. I have 22" tires and i do fine if it rains hard that day or the day before it can be hard to get around but you can usally still make a day of riding.

Old 06-08-2004, 02:22 AM
Pro Rider

Where is this??

Dawn

Old 06-08-2004, 05:13 AM
Range Rover

Columbia Missouri

Old 06-08-2004, 09:25 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Finger lakes is ok. But if you want woods trail riding go to Chadwick just south east of springfield. 3600 acres in the Mark Twain National forest. It is far better riding in my book.

Old 06-15-2004, 11:05 AM
Range Rover

One thing to remember if you come to Finger Lakes . . . DO NOT RIDE ON THE ROADS! except the one that goes to the MX track! Especially on the weekends, there is a new park ranger with an attitude that just loves to write tickets.

I live 10 minutes from Finger Lakes and I ride there often. It has some very technical trail riding and I am always impressed by the new trails that I find. I love to trail ride and the last two times I was there I found trails I did not know existed. After a rain, it takes forever to dry out and it is a sloppy slippery mess. I call the clay/mud there atomic as it is just not right, it sticks to everything. This last weekend the mud added another eliment of fun to an already awesome place. I am just very glad that I mountain biked for years and that I know Finger Lakes or it would be easy to hate this place.

I just wanted to let you all know that riding on the roads is not good.

SLG

Old 06-15-2004, 04:57 PM
Range Rover

thanks BicKat, however your warning was a little late about the mud and goop, and yes it does stick to everything. If you have a big utility with mudders and a winch you will probably like this place, I should have taken my Sportsman, but my little Scrambler really made me hate the place. I only probably got to ride 4 miles if that. It would have been better too with a riding partner, but i was leery to get my atv stuck in the goop by myself. If it was dry it would be an ok place I guess, but still those ruts in almost all the trails, you don't really get to choose where you go too much, the ruts decide that for you. Well once again, if your into goop, mudholes, and ruts then Finger Lakes is for you, if you just like down and out trail riding, then wit until it dries out or go somewhere else, but don't just take my word for it, try it yourself. Have fun and be safe

Old 06-15-2004, 07:02 PM
Range Rover

If you see a Yellow SP500 and a Red SP500ho join along with us as we love the place.

SLG

Old 06-15-2004, 08:55 PM
Range Rover

You were there Saturday weren't you? I was over at the wash place when a couple of guys with a yellow and red sportsamn 500 pulled up, even said a couple of words to the one, I think his fan was running and he was concerned about it. Was that you?

Quick Reply: Finger Lakes In Missouri