Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Do we have to buy new license to ride in your state?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2000, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in Michigan. When I go fishing in Canada, or Ohio,I have to buy a new fishing license for that area. Is this the case also with an ATV? If so, what do they cost and can I get a one day pass?
Chuck, Suzuki KQ 300, GPS & lunch...

Old 08-04-2000, 10:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check with the state you want to ride in. in Pa if you are a neighbor state like NY, NJ, DE you do not need a registration in Pa as lon as you have proof of registration in the state you live.

Old 08-04-2000, 10:49 PM
Pro Rider

ecorman

Ohio will honor your Michigan registration to ride on the state riding areas. To ride in the Wayne National Forest, you would need your Michigan registration and a Federal trail permit. These are available daily or seasonal ($5 or $25). I'm not sure you would want to come to ride in Ohio, you have far better trails than we do.

Old 08-05-2000, 02:06 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks guys. I think I'll try contacting the State, DNR, for Ohio, Illinois and Penn. Don't know if the gang will be able to make any of those states but we'd certainly like to. Maybe somebody will see this post who knows the answer yet. In which case, I think I'll just be patient and go to bed rite now. Good nite all...

Old 08-05-2000, 10:18 PM
Pro Rider

ecorman

If you plan to come to Ohio to ride, let me know and I will give you some pointers on where to go.

Old 08-06-2000, 04:15 PM
Pro Rider

Magnum, it would help if you could give me some idea of where the best riding is. Maybe where there's lodging, food, camping, etc. In Michigan, we get maps of each area from the DNR, before we make the trek. This seems to work best for us, we can decide how far we're going in a days time. I'm sure you have a system that works for you and maps of the trails in your State of Ohio, are also available. If you can tell me how to contact the right people, think I can work out the details and let you know when we intend to be down your way so we can meet and do some weekend riding.

Old 08-06-2000, 04:51 PM
Pro Rider

Minnesota and Wisconsin honnor each others "OFF ROAD STICKER" but there's a rummor that's about to change.In snowmobiling I believe Minnesota now require a "permit" from out of staters to ride our state trails.It figures...once states get the idea to icrease revenue...Politicans can't leave any good idea alone!!

Old 08-06-2000, 10:47 PM
Pro Rider

ecorman

In Ohio, there is basically two riding systems. The state riding areas and the Wayne National Forest. The state riding area that is in Northwest Ohio is crap. Do not even consider driving very far to ride here. The remaining state trails are in Southern Ohio. I have not ridden at any of these, so no ride report here. The Wayne National Forest provides some of the best riding. It has challeging hills and plenty of good trails. There are two riding areas in the Wayne. The Athens area and the Ironton area. The Athens area is about an hour southeast of Columbus. This is where we go to ride. We stay at Williams campground that is right on a trailhead. It is near Nelsonville, Ohio if you look on a map of Ohio. The Ironton district is farther south on the Ohio river. I have never rode here, so don't know much about it. You can get good information on the Wayne National Forest by following the links to its website in the trails section of the atvconnection website for Ohio. Email or post again if you would like more info.

Old 08-07-2000, 01:07 PM
Pro Rider

Up here in the North west; Oregon, Washington, and Idaho all have reciprocal agrreements. Your ORV sticker must be current and not expired.