Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Riding?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2000, 12:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im curious I was currently sold on going riding in Wisconsin. But I was wondering if im making the right choice here? Where at about 6-8 hours of driving from Iowa could I go? Im looking at trails at least 100 some miles long? Just curious. So far it looks like Wisconsin has the lengthy trails I want? Anyone have any suggestions what about Minnesota or Nebraska?

Old 08-07-2000, 12:58 PM
Pro Rider

I live in Minnesota, and the trail systems in Wisconsin are far superior too the one's here in MN. We pack up and head too WI, every chance we get.
Great Wisconsin Trails:
Black River Falls
Park Falls
Iron River

Chris 00' TC Racing 300EX

Old 08-07-2000, 01:19 PM
Pro Rider

CSTARK,

I was curious what your opinions of the Iron County trails are.....This is where I initially planned on going. Whats it like?

Old 08-07-2000, 02:14 PM
Pro Rider

Iron River has the best mix of terrian that you are going too find. Great wooded trails, to open sandy straits. There are "play-around" areas for 4bys and sport machines. Great scenery. We make the trip, once a year.

Park Falls is my favorite location. The whole town is set-up for the atv/snowmobiler. It's the only place that I have ever been too, where it is legal too ride on city streets. It's a fun time sitting at stop lights, or going through drive-thru's on your quad. We visit Park Falls 1-2 times a year.

Black River Falls is 90% sandy trails, and the most popular of the 3. Still a nice trail system. Only 1.5 hours from my house. I visit there quite often.

Let me know what area you are thinking of visiting, and I can give you some advice on where too stay. It helps......

Old 08-07-2000, 02:20 PM
Pro Rider

WOW thanks for the info! Well I think the family and I were wanting kind of the longest trail we could get. I think we are gonna take about 5 days of straight riding. Prolly will do quite a bit of just RIDING and some playing around and sight seeing. Its gonna be about a 8 hour drive but to me worth every minute of it when I start thinking of turning me loose on 100 miles of trail. How much distance of trails are in Black river or Park falls? I was focused on Iron River but like I said nothing for sure yet. How strict are things there? Are pipes aloud there? If you wouldnt mind me asking some more questions please send an e-mail just saying hi so I can reply to it or just post it. Thanks ALOT for your help. I would appreciate ANY and ALL help! =-)

Old 08-07-2000, 03:25 PM
Pro Rider

Here is a link to the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources. Check out the atv info:

http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/

Trail maps should be advailable if you call the phone numbers on the site. That may help you make a decsion as well.

Black River Falls has around 120 miles of trails total. Some have been added this year, so the webpage is not up-to-date.

Park Falls has 2 seperate trail systems. One too the east of town (Chequamegon), and one too the west(Dead Horse). 100 plus miles on each side. My family and I rode there for 2 days once, and put on over 185 miles and did not cover the same ground twice. We never saw another atver. That was a real treat.

Here is my e-mail.

chrisjstark@yahoo.com

I have pictures I can share from all 3 places if you wish.