Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

CENTRAL INDIANA TRAILS

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2000, 11:09 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking for riding areas in central In. I am familiar with Haspin acres, but that's about it! Also, are there any members of IATVA out there? I've been trying to get some information from them, but they never respond! I'm beginning to wonder if the IATVA really exists!

Old 08-05-2000, 01:03 AM
Pro Rider

Know what you mean about IATVA. Had the same problems.

I've never been to Haspin Acres myself, but I have been to The Badlands, and it's a great place to ride. It's in Attica, IN, and would be quite a drive from Muncie, but worth it. Haspin is also a good drive for you.

The Badlands has a website, www.badlandsoffroad.com . They have every kind of riding you would want. They have more rules than Haspin, but I personally don't want to share trails and dunes with guys that have been drinking all day, so I don't mind the no alcohol rule.

There are a few other areas. There is one in Anderson, but I dont know anything about it. Do a search of this forum for Indiana. It'll come up.

Dave

Old 08-05-2000, 10:17 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks Dave. I have heard of the Badlands, sounds good, I think it would be about three hrs. from Muncie. Haspin is about one and a half hrs. I've been to Timberline, over by Anderson. That is a campground with a motocross track and a rather small trail riding area. Nice, but I wonder if that is the area you were refering to? Could there be another area near Anderson? Timberline is actualy in Chesterfield. Jim. '99 Foreman 450 S

Old 08-08-2000, 01:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

WHAT HASPIN ACRES LIKE? DO THEY HAVE ALOT OF TRAILS? HILLS? TRACK? I AM PLANNING A TRIP THIS WEEKEND AND WOULD LIKE TO CHECK IT OUT. I HAVE BEEN TO THE BADLANDS SO MUCH THAT I KNOW WHERE EVERY TRAIL LEADS. SO I NEED A NEW PLACE TO RIDE. DONT GET ME WRONG BUT ATTICA IS AN AWSOME PLACE TO RIDE!

THANK,
STEVE

Old 08-08-2000, 03:20 PM
Pro Rider

red321,
Do you ever ride in Michigan City across from the state prison? Are there any places to ride near Valpo? I grew up in Michigan City and went to college at VU so I know the area.

Old 08-08-2000, 03:22 PM
Pro Rider

red321,
Do you ever ride in Michigan City across from the state prison? Are there any places to ride near Valpo? I grew up in Michigan City and went to college at VU so I know the area.

Old 08-08-2000, 06:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

THEY ARE REALLY CRACKING DOWN ON THE PLACES AROUND HERE. MICHIGAN CITY WILL TOW YOU TRUCK WHILE YOU ARE RIDING AND THE PLACE IN MILLER/GARY THEY COME OUT WITH THERE ATVS TO GIVE YOU A TICKET. I KNOW A FEW PEOPLE AROUND THE HOUSE WITH LAND AND THEY ARE PUTTING A NEW GAS PIPELINE RIGHT THROUGH THE FARMERS FIELDS. THAT IS A BLAST!!

Old 08-08-2000, 06:45 PM
Trailblazer

Steve, I think you'll find everything you want at Haspin. There is about 750 acres there, with a motocross track and a flat track, for flat out speed, on top of the hill, with plenty of trails and some good hills to climb around the perimeter. They also have a couple of ponds there in case you might want to take a break and fish for a while! You can see their website at www.motocrosspark.com I've never been to the Badlands myself, but hope to get over there before too long. Have a good trip!

Old 08-08-2000, 10:17 PM
Pro Rider

red3213,
I park at a fiends house who lives down the tracks. I have heard that the are cracking down. I gave up on Ripley/Miller long ago. It's full of broken glass and scrap metal. I wanted to ask you about a track that's out near 130 and 149. Do you know anything about it? A guy who works at DGY told me he rode there but I could'nt find it. He told me it was on the road just east of the 130 + 149 intersection. Isn't that the road that heads out to the Wheeler schools? Any info would be appreciated. thanks - RT

Old 08-09-2000, 11:11 AM
Weekend Warrior

TRX440,

THE TRACK YOU SPEAK OF IS BEHIND SOMEONES HOUSE.RIGHT OFF OF 130. I CAN GIVE YOU DIRECTIONS. IT'S MOSTLY FOR MOTOCROSS.THE RUMOR IS HE CHARGES LIKE 5 BUCKS TO RIDE. I HAVE NEVER BEEN THERE, BUT, DRIVE BY IT OFTEN. I HAVE YET TO SEE ANY QUADS THERE. MAYBE I SHOULD GET OFF MY A$$ AND
ASK THE GUY.

Quick Reply: CENTRAL INDIANA TRAILS