Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

need directions to wagonwheel and camp info

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2004, 11:22 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need directions to wagonwheel and camp info

coming from lynchburg,va need directions to the wagon wheel area, and need info on the campground,THANKS!

Old 06-12-2004, 03:18 PM
Trailblazer

need directions to the wagon wheel area
Are you talking about the Wagon Wheel store on Pinnacle Creek, WV?? Hatfield McCoy trail??

If so, the only way I can give you directions is to send you to the HM website. Hatfield McCoy website The newest trail is the one listed as Pinnacle Creek. There are directions on the site. It's my understanding that the trail ends near the wagon wheel. Most anyone you meet on the trail should be able to give you directions.

We normally go in from the backway near Coaldale WV. Our ride ends up at there.

When you coming down??

Old 06-12-2004, 03:34 PM
Trailblazer

wagonwheel store where the stair steps are, comming down next weekend with my wife and daughter, just to putt around alittle my daughter has a sp90 and i dont plane on a long trail ride or anything,just to let her ride, was thanking about camping out, need to know what it cost and if they have any kind of electricty to hook up to for a fan for night and day cooling for when she gets hot a bath after riding, or are we going to have to rough it out, anyinfo would be helpfull,thanks steve

Old 06-12-2004, 04:51 PM
Trailblazer

Trailblazer...... send me an e-mail. I'll try to get some info for you and get back to you in a day or so. I know of some campgrounds on top of the mountain above the stairsteps the way we go in. Best I know they have electricity, etc.......

Also which way will you be coming?? 81 to Wytheville, then up 77?

Confederate Hokie

Hope I can help.

Tim

Old 06-12-2004, 05:03 PM
Trailblazer

i will becoming 460 to 81 ill turn of 81, i know ill be passing by VA TECH , ive been there but some1 else was driving and dont remember directions,thanks for any help,steve

Old 06-13-2004, 01:22 AM
Trailblazer

Steve, we're gonna try and ride up there Monday. If the rain ever lets up. We've had terrible rains the past few weeks down here, so the holes and mudpits are pretty deep.

I'll get the name of that campground, and e-mail the directions and stuff to you. Lots of trails on top of that mountain, so it''s a good place to ride.

You might want to make sure to pack everything you may need, 'cause you'll be quite a ways from any bigger stores. It's really out in the boonies. Also if you have, and are experienced with, a GPS, it might be helpful to bring it too.

I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Tim

Old 06-13-2004, 11:31 AM
Trailblazer

thanks tim

Old 06-13-2004, 04:40 PM
Trailblazer

Email pinnaclecreekatvcampground@yahoo.com Thats the lady the owns the campground. She should be able to give you directions.

I was there last week. Email the Linda and tell her to get Capt. Jack to cut you some wood. He s a one armed man who watches over the campground. Brought us a bunch of wood for like $10. The food at the wagon wheel store was pretty good too. Gas was $2.50 a gal.

Brad

Old 06-13-2004, 05:10 PM
Trailblazer

thanks brad,steve

Old 06-14-2004, 12:19 AM
Trailblazer

We were up there last weekend and had a ball! good luck, be careful and there is another place to eat/park/camp near the stairsteps called hilltop escape,but if i were camping i'd stay at pinnacle creek they have nicer facilities!

Quick Reply: need directions to wagonwheel and camp info