Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

s/f bay area riders - where do u ride?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2004, 01:43 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default s/f bay area riders - where do u ride?

Hey joey, the first place to start would be pipi, from there you can cover alot of the valley. Try #33, it's about a 20 mile loop, with all kinds of different terrain.

Old 06-25-2004, 01:49 PM
Range Rover

have fun dude. let me know when u guys go back to south cow and maybe we could hook up.
ride safely.

Old 06-25-2004, 02:27 PM
Pro Rider

For sure.

Old 06-25-2004, 08:04 PM
Quad Patrol

[quote]
Originally posted by: atvbanditrescue diver, have you tried the deer creek trail off Longbarn? i heard from a guy who used to live there that it is very expanse. just need info on trail terrain e.g. rocky/technical, how wide, any river crossings, steepness ...thanks.

atvbandit, I have hunted that area a few times. It has a lot of trails that keep going and going. I might try to get a couple rides up there this summer. If you go, get a map at the forest station on 108. The terrain is not to bad, there are a few roads that can be technical, but, you can go around them. Most of the roads are logging/firebreak roads. I think you could ride for hours and hours and not hit the same trail twice.

Old 06-26-2004, 02:18 AM
Range Rover

hey rescuediver, maybe you could organize a trip for us forum guys who would be interested in riding deer creek. its at least a 3.5hr drive for me but i would not hesitate to go. i have heard exactly the same thing also...miles of fire/logging roads. it should be quite an adventure for my weekend warrior soul.

Old 06-26-2004, 04:10 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: atvbandit
hey rescuediver, maybe you could organize a trip for us forum guys who would be interested in riding deer creek. its at least a 3.5hr drive for me but i would not hesitate to go. i have heard exactly the same thing also...miles of fire/logging roads. it should be quite an adventure for my weekend warrior soul.
I'll give it some thought. I'll have to see how things go over the next few months. Plus deer/bear season is coming up. Might be a good reason to scout the area a little more[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-26-2004, 04:54 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

I'm going to try and put something together in the Sierra National Forest. Problem I'm having is finding places for people with toy boxes. Man, the SVRAs are dirt cheap (though they are going up to a whopping $10/night) compared to some of the forest campgrounds. Some are $14 for a single amd $28 for a double plus $5 for each extra car. The nice campgrounds are all in areas that you can't ride from. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] This ride will probably be in the general area bounded by Beasore Rd., Minarettes Rd., and Bass Lake. Probably Whiskey Falls Campground. Maybe. Need to explore that area more.

Going to do just a day trip next weekend and ride the forest roads from Miami Motorcycle Trails above Oakhurst to about Jerseydale campground which is northeast of Mariposa several miles. Thinking about 30 miles one way. Gotta stretch the legs out and see how far she'll run. That's about the farthest run I can make out that's legal for OHVs in that area.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 06-28-2004, 12:33 PM
Pro Rider

Went to Pismo SUnday. Took a VForce, Raptor and P700. Down and back in one day, not bad.

After checking with the Tides on the internet, decided Sunday with a low tide would be perfect, so we left around 0530,got there by ten, rode till two and home again around 830 last night.

Lots of people, quads, bikes, TOy haulers, hummers and everything else. It's surely a crime how they have shriunk that place down over the years....

Old 06-28-2004, 11:07 PM
Quad Patrol

BUDXXX, How was the wind? We had friends leave for Pismo this am. We're going to try and do a day trip sometime this week. Don't know if we can swing it though[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 06-29-2004, 11:22 AM
Pro Rider

The wind was not bad. it was 10-20 mph. It kept the heat down, but also caused a little bit of sand to blow across the dunes, which did not bother me at all, even though I just wear sunglasses instead of goggles....

The wind also helps to blow the fog away tosome degree....

When we were there is was clear all day, no fog.

Just go do it. and ride safely, no injuries....

Quick Reply: s/f bay area riders - where do u ride?