Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

central texas

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 09:12 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts
Default central texas

There are at least 5 places to ride within an 1 1/2 hour drive of the DFW area. You'll have to pony up some cash to ride, but there are some good places to ride.

Old 10-27-2004, 09:41 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default central texas

I grew up and lived in South Texas for 25 yrs, in the old days before quads we were always trying to find places to ride our dirt bikes, same story as now with quads, all private land and then there weren't any parks set up for offroad vehicles. I feel ya'lls pain for sure. Now with me living in the Pacific NorthWest, I'm in heaven with places to ride, mountains, deserts and sand dunes all within a couple hours. All my family's still in South Texas but I would never move back for the reasons ya'll talk about [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-27-2004, 11:47 AM
Range Rover
Default central texas

Yes, I was happy with small paches of land like Muenster,RockyRidge,and the mud pit,s of East Texas untill I went Colorodo,NewMexico,Arkansaw, and Southeast Olklahoma. Now that's what ATVing is all about. PS I was born and raised here and love Texas,but for ATV's it sorry..

Old 10-27-2004, 08:51 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts
Default central texas

Dunnycat proves he's a real Texan. Muenster is 2500 acres, and we consider that a small patch of land. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-04-2004, 03:11 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default central texas

Do you ever ride at The dunes in forest hill? Just movet to texas from oklahoma. miss the sand dunes greatly. Want to check out The dunes this weekend. Just wanted to make sure it was worth the 5 hr drive.

Old 11-16-2004, 02:38 AM
Trailblazer
Default central texas

Where you at sunshinebaby? I am in need of a riding buddy. Im in west texas in San Angelo where there is nothing here.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Every so often I make a trip out to Kermit Sand Dunes. Its pretty fun out there. Matt

Old 11-17-2004, 10:44 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default central texas

Hey Matt,
We are in east tx, about 7 hrs from you. We just moved here from Ok, about 45 min from Little Sahara. Now that is some riding!!!!! Awesome dunes! We have not been able to find anywhere to ride around here. Lots of mud pits, but not much fun on raptors. We were looking at the Kermit Dunes, but for that long of a trip, i would rather go back to Ok, for Little Sahara! If you ever want to plan a road trip, there is where you need to go! We did go to The Dunes in Louisiana a couple weeks ago. Not real big, but some good riding. I dont know that they would be considered dunes if they were next to Sahara, but dunes for this area, i guess. We had a great time though! Hey, let me know if you find any place to ride! Would be cool if some place between us. We are looking for some riding buddies too. Good luck! Im still looking too!
Christie

Old 11-17-2004, 02:39 PM
Trailblazer
Default central texas

Hey Christie,
I dont know of many places around here to ride. I know there are some MX tracks down around San Antonio and up a little north of Fort Worth/Dallas. Never been to any of them though. Does anyone know of some trail riding here in Texas or is everything privately owned?

Matt

Old 11-17-2004, 02:41 PM
Trailblazer
Default central texas

Oh yeah, Ive been wanting to take a trip to Little Sahara for a long time. I missed the oppurtunity to go up for SandFest. Was anyone up there for that?

Matt

Old 12-02-2004, 10:43 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default central texas

Hey Scootergptx,
You said there are at least 5 places to ride within an hour and a half from dfw, where are they? I have not been able to find anything! I live about an hour and a half east of dfw, but desperatly want some place to ride! Checked out a place called Rabbit creek, or something like that, and it was no fun! Might have been ok for 4x4s but not for raptors. Never seen so many rednecks in one place at the same time. Im either going to have to turn redneck or find some good ridin places. Went to The Dunes in Louisiana month or so ago, that was pretty cool. Small, but pretty nice, and it was a 5-6 hr trip one way. Looking for something little closer. So, please let me know where these places are!!!!!!!

Christie

Quick Reply: central texas