Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

central texas

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 09:10 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default central texas

Well JimBob, What kind of riding do you like?Have you thought about putting 25" Mud tires and a winch on your Raptor, and your going need a rack for the back to hall your beef jerky and beer..

Old 01-09-2005, 07:04 PM
No Ruts, No Glory
Default central texas

Hey Fauqeman

Ft Hood has an AWESOME area to ride within itself...I would imagine that it is still closed to the public since 9/11 and all the heightened security, but there was a great creek bed to ride and plenty of hills to climb.

I think they called it the tank-trap area...was a mile or two west of the check-in area by Belton...I want to say area 26 or 36, but my memory may be failing me. It was right near the MX track that is there.

There was a great place to ride in Spring (north of Houston) but unfortunately the legislature enacted rules that made it illegal to cross a river 30 feet or more across. Don't think that the local landowners, who were undoubtedly tired of destructive jerks with loud pipes tearing up the area, didn't have their hands in that legislation.

Old 01-10-2005, 09:21 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts
Default central texas

Originally posted by: sunshinebaby
Hey Scootergptx,
You said there are at least 5 places to ride within an hour and a half from dfw, where are they? I have not been able to find anything! I live about an hour and a half east of dfw, but desperatly want some place to ride! Checked out a place called Rabbit creek, or something like that, and it was no fun! Might have been ok for 4x4s but not for raptors. Never seen so many rednecks in one place at the same time. Im either going to have to turn redneck or find some good ridin places. Went to The Dunes in Louisiana month or so ago, that was pretty cool. Small, but pretty nice, and it was a 5-6 hr trip one way. Looking for something little closer. So, please let me know where these places are!!!!!!!
Christie
Durant, OK has a track, guessing you'd like that better than the woods thing. There's a place on 20 east of Dallas, but I cant remember exactly where it is. I want to say it's past Canton, but not sure. There is a person who built a track of their own right off the highway, but that's not it. The day we went by, there was a ton of dust in the air. Looked liked a bunch of people were having a good time. Southeast of Dallas is Skoolz Out (I think that's the name). I'll have to do some checking for the others and get back to you. I know there out there.

Old 01-11-2005, 06:38 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
Default central texas

Check this site out.
ATV Pathfinder
Some of the places listed are no longer available. Check before making the drive. This is one of the better lists I've seen and it's free to join. Has listing for all states, not just Texas.

Old 01-12-2005, 01:02 AM
Pro Rider
Default central texas

Sunshinebaby check your PMs you live near me.

Old 01-12-2005, 01:06 AM
Pro Rider
Default central texas

You guys need to check out the Red River up past Mt Pleasant and Bagotta. Its fun and sandy and free. We take a trip of about 10 to 12 guys about once a month. Its usually posted on the Bomb page

Old 01-12-2005, 01:19 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
Default central texas

Got any directions?

Old 01-12-2005, 05:25 PM
Pro Rider
Default central texas

Dunnycat what do you mean texas is the worste place to ride. shot i live within 50 miles of six different riding parks that offer some of the best riding I have ever done. Rabbit Creek, FunWheeler, Gator Run, Shilo Ridge, Barnwell Mountain, and a new one just opened about 20 miles from my house that hasn't been named yet. Plus it's not that far over to red river or la dunes. I see you live in plano and I can feel you pain. My inlaws lived there for a few years and I can see how finding a place to ride is hard for you. little sehra(spelling) isn't to far for you. I haven't been down to the big thicket but I hear theres some places down there also, someone said even in part of the davy jones national forest but i'm not sure about that. all the parks around here charge but not much. Rabbit creek charges $10 per atv and $10 per rider (under 12 free) for the whole weekend, thats friday from 12noon til sunday and they have r.v spots for rent also.

Old 01-12-2005, 05:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default central texas

Sunshinebaby your not far from me, i'm in carthage. Right now all the parks are wet but when summer gets here rabbit creek is a lot of fun. I ride a ds650 so if i can get around in there i know you can, i have no reverse grrrrr! shilo ridge is another great place. i think it's like 1500 or 2000 acres and has mud if you want it or plebty of trails and hills, one nick named hospital ridge for good reason. Funwheeler is mostly for 4x4s so if you go there plain on getting stuck a lot. I haven't tried barnswell mountian yet but several friends say it's fun. as far as sand goes well your gonna have to travel, this is piney woods area and we're also a low area so mud and clay. give some of them a try. don't put to much into the pics on the web sites, those are mostly during mud bogs not everyday riding.

Old 01-12-2005, 09:49 PM
Pro Rider
Default central texas

I agree with ya Psycho

Quick Reply: central texas