Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Need info on an MN ride

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2004, 01:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need info on an MN ride

Awesome.
Thanks for all the info you guys have given me it's helped me a ton.
I'm going to be there 6th 7th and 8th I think. for sure the 7th and 8th.
If any of you guys will happen to be there let me know maybe we can meet up and ride.

Thanks again.

Old 07-29-2004, 02:46 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ATC83
MNRAP,
I noticed that you have a white YFZ in your signature but I have a suspicion that you are also known as the "FAST1" and ride a blue YFZ. Am I right?
You are correct.. I had a white YFZ and sold it out in Glamis last April so I wouldn't have to pull it back on my scenic drive thru the mountains with my little sports car.. truck had to stay in MN over the winter for the snow. The white YFZ and sports car stayed down near Glamis for the winter. I purchased another (blue) YFZ back in late April just for a change in color..both have been incredible machines, both in the dunes and the woods. Fast1 is my nickname on a few other forums..

BlackRap.. there is a nice resturant on Webb Lake on the Danbury trail system that you should check out for dinner or lunch while ridding.. Also you can head up north of Webb Lake another 30 or 40 miles into the next county.. great riding.. have fun!

BTW has anyone rode out of Danbury and followed the various trail systems up north to Superior WS? I've been wanting to do this but am limited by my fuel type (must have the premium for the YFZ) and alot of fuel stops are missing premium fuel.. Last time out I strapped on 1 gallon fuel jugs to my nerfs to get some range.. kinda felt like a bomber with those 1 gallon jugs strapped on the nerfs LOL

Old 07-29-2004, 02:50 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MnFriesen
if you go to wisconsin make sure you buy a atv permit....I think they are what 10$ each?
permits for non-residents are $18 and good for a year.. well worth it to ride on some great trail systems in a state that is ATV friendly.

Old 07-30-2004, 01:33 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I knew it was something like that...earlier this year when the minnesota group got together for a ride over there the dnr pulled them over and one of the guys had the sticker "on wrong" or something like that....and got a ticket...but I guess he fought it...dont remember what happend to that tho

Old 07-30-2004, 01:47 PM
Elite Pro Rider

The only trail I know of that goes north to superior, from danbury is mostly in MN, the Gandy Dancer trail. Its an old rail road bed, and very boring.
And youre right, MNRAP,that tavern had great burgers, and theres a gas staion right accross the street from it, in Webb lake.

Old 07-30-2004, 02:35 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: hondabuster
The only trail I know of that goes north to superior, from danbury is mostly in MN, the Gandy Dancer trail. Its an old rail road bed, and very boring.
And youre right, MNRAP,that tavern had great burgers, and theres a gas staion right accross the street from it, in Webb lake.

There are trails heading north from the Webb Lake area in addition to the Gandy Dancer you mentioned. You just need to get your hands on the trail maps for Douglas county and the new 04 trail map for Burnett county.. Believe me.. you can easily put 150 miles on in a day from the town of Danbury on a sport quad.. or fast 4X4.

Old 07-30-2004, 06:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: hondabuster
I agree that Gandy Dancer is extremely boring so is the Soo Line over by Isle, Minnesota