Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

deepwater Missouri

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2004, 11:03 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default deepwater Missouri

There have been rumors that deepwater is going to be shut down because of people not being responsible. We heard this and contacted the Army corp of engineers which runs the park. They said that there has been talk at their meetings about closing the park. There was someone killed there this spring and people are not riding responsible. They say that they have had people out watching how we ride there and there are people are riding on the roads, being very careless, littering, and tearing the place up. Last time we were there we were trying to get loaded up and there were a group of young people doing donuts and racing in the parking lot. We need to try to spread the word there that our riding priveleges might be revoked if some people dont straighten up. There is a guy that live next to the park that was going to put in wash station for us to use free of charge. But a few weeks ago someone in the park shot out his lights and tore some of his stuff up. Now that deal is off. The park is a privelege to us that can be removed at any given time. We need to relay this to anyone we see being stupid. They need to ride in the designated areas and pick up after themselves. Im not trying to be a father figure here or anything but i dont want to see this park shut down. Please do your part and help spread the word. Thanks Danny Regan

Old 08-04-2004, 06:34 PM
Trailblazer

I must truely agree with every thing that you said. I ride to enjoy the outdoors and to play in the mud, but when it's time to leave I try to make every effort to leave the area just as I found it or better. MISUSE IT AND LOSE IT !!!!!! there just isn't that many area to ride any more. Please keep this in mind when anyone is reading this wherever you live and ride it's the same all over, All it takes is a couple of idoits to give all of us a bad rep. RESPECT IT AS IF IT WAS YOURS

Old 08-05-2004, 02:36 PM
Trailblazer

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i totally agree i am from okla and there is just not anyplace to ride cause the idiots have gotten them shut down so we all have to do our part to keep the places we have open if not then we will be stuck riding in our front yards and i know mine aint big enough

tyler

Old 08-05-2004, 08:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

bump

Old 08-05-2004, 10:24 PM
Pro Rider

We also ride there quite often, and it would be a waste to close it down because of careless people. Its pretty simple, stay off the roads, pick up afteryourself, and enjoy your time there.

Old 08-06-2004, 12:39 AM
amd
Pro Rider

Not to sound like an a-hole or anything but if they do shut it down, (which they are because of erosion just dont know when) it wouldnt hurt my feelings. I used to go all the time but anymore it is like going to back swamps on the everglades. Army corps needs to get in there and start fixing areas that you need 40 inch boggers to get across. We quit going just for that reason. I agree though that people need to be more responsible and realize that their arent many places to ride around the kansas city area. The whole thing with destroying that guys property is obsurd, that is completly uncalled for. It is a pretty close place to ride and get away, but finger lakes isnt much farther and it is kept in much better condition, mainly because it is a state park, but still. I dont want to see it shut down because alot of people ride their, but I think somebody needs to start keeping better care of it.

Old 08-06-2004, 09:23 AM
Pro Rider

The last few times we've been to Finger Lakes it has been worse then Deepwater. Trails flooded, or just huge ruts depending on the weather. Even the track is not maintained. I've never been there when they are racing, but I think that's when they work the track. There are just not enough places to ride anymore that we can afford to have anything shut down regardless of the reason. I think everyone would be willing to pay to ride and know that the place is being maintained then to ride free and see it erroded away.

Old 08-06-2004, 03:09 PM
Range Rover

I agree with FenderCover.Fingers lakes has been pretty rough the last few times I for one would be willing to pay to ride some place that is kept. If the Corp would just do a little work at deepwater and maybe have someone there at all times, I think safety and the over all cleanliness of the place would be better for all. All that they ask is that you clean up after yourself and not ride on the rodes. I don't think that this is too much to ask of us. There are not enough places for us to ride around here. Fingers lakes and Deepwater are the closest for alot of us. I hope that they don't close it down. I have been trying to find land closer to the KC area to ride on but so far no luck. If anyone has any ideas I would definately be willing to help get something going.

Old 08-06-2004, 08:28 PM
Pro Rider

Exactly. Once they get one place closed down then it will be that much easier to get the next one closed too. A few of us have put together a site for everyone to get together and ride. It's not a club, its just a place for everyone thats local to talk and get together to ride. Atvn2Extreme

Old 08-06-2004, 09:45 PM
Trailblazer

I was at Finger lakes a few weekends ago and it had rained on the way there Friday night and man the next day the holes where deeper than I been use to. Finger lakes tries their best to keep the camp grounds clean along with the roads but come on how are you to maintain the trails? I love to 4 wheel and play in the mud but when you spend the whole day pulling your buddys out it's not that fun. All we can do is be respectful to the land and share all the info about riding areas for the public. I'll be riding at Deepwater this Saturday, hope it's still open.

Quick Reply: deepwater Missouri