Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

South Dakota Trails??

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2000, 11:23 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

does anybody have any idea of where trails can be found in southeast south dakota, northwest iowa or southwest minnesota?
everything around here is FENCED and FLAT.
Thanks

Old 08-18-2000, 05:11 PM
Pro Rider

Wait until it snows. Then you will have all kinds of trails.

Loser

Old 08-21-2000, 03:56 PM
Pro Rider

What about the badlands in western South Dakota or northern Minnesota?

Old 08-21-2000, 04:40 PM
Pro Rider

Snowshark,

Are you aware how big that state is? He does not want to drive 370 miles just to go 4 wheeling. (and the Badlands are a National Park surrounded by private land. )

Old 08-21-2000, 05:55 PM
Pro Rider

Thor,

No I didn't realize how far it was. Anyway I know this guy, he was best man at my wedding, when we both lived in Texas.

However, he is just crazy enough to drive that far!!!!!!

Aren't you 4wheelindakota??

Old 08-22-2000, 01:05 AM
Trailblazer

i'm crazy enough to ride my quad that far, THEN GO RIDING!!!!

anyway, i got MONSTER STUCK in the river tonight.
just before dark, on a freshly uncovered mud bank.
i buried it up past the tops of the tires.
my winch cable was not long enough to reach the trees on the bank. i had to walk to a store, buy the only thing resembling a tow strap (2 semi truck ratchet tie downs) for $25 each. i went to see if this would work. nope. i walked back to town for the second time and noticed there was a car at the trophy shop that belongs to my brother's father in law. i walked in the back door, didn't see anyone. i went up stairs to find a phone and caught one of the employees enjoying the fringe benefits of his job (looking at **** on the internet). anyway, i called two buddies for good measure and went back to reclaim my quad from the big sioux river. on the way back i found a steel fence post with the concrete still hanging on the end of it. i thought i could drive it into the mud and use it as an anchor. when i stood it up, cement end in the air, it slid straight down 4 feet with no effort. that's when i knew i was hosed. i was walking in mud over the tops of my 16" rubber boots, filled them with mud. i fell down several times as i repeatedly climbed and descended the river bank covered in thistles and burny weed. bubba showed up with a camera (pictures to follow some day) and brad went to my house and got my truck to pull me out. we hooked everything up and finally got out just before dark. i could barely drive the thing to the sale barn, where i sprayed it off with the hog house hose which rivals a fire hose. the worst part about the whole thing, was i was too far away from anything to winch too and even if i could, all it would do was take me deeper into it.
also, the forecast is for rain tomorrow and that mud bank will be underwater again soon.
so, i'm going to my mother's in fort dodge, iowa this weekend, there's lots of riding room over there i hear.
snowshark, i'll meet you in the badlands, it's about half way between sioux falls and the pacific northwest.

Old 08-23-2000, 03:59 PM
Pro Rider

How did the beast run, once you pulled it out of the muck? Did you have any belt slipping problems?

Maybe you should get the wife a quad so she can pull you out next time. Are there any state forrests around you to ride on?