Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Iron River, WI vs Park Falls, WI

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2000, 07:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.parkfalls.com/events/

This thread has taken more turns than a mountain switch-back. But basically it compares atvying in Bayfield/Iron County, Wisconsin with the neighboring Price County.

Old 08-21-2000, 03:25 PM
Pro Rider

It started out with an inquiry regarding the Labor Day WATVA Rally

Wow, two days and no responses

I guess the CheeseHeads don't have computers. (or are too busy riding)

Anyway.... There is supposed to be a three day Labor Day Rally there.!!!

Old 08-21-2000, 05:59 PM
Pro Rider

I am jealous. Here I am living in a state with mountains & lots of federal & state forrest land, however, there are never any poker runs or rally around. Every week, I check several different shops to see what is going on!

Have fun!

Old 08-21-2000, 10:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

No, we have computers, just busy watching the Packers.

Old 08-22-2000, 05:37 PM
Pro Rider

I've got to admit, Wisconsin does offer quite a bit of riding and rallys for the ATV enthusiast. It is not the Paiute Trail but it is year round.

There are trails all over the northern 1/3 of the state and ATVers seem to be welcome everywhere. The motels are even cheaper than for snowmobile season.

Wisconsin even lets us use the snowmobile trails in the winter. Although it does get a little hairy at times. (With the Blair Morgan wannabees)

Old 08-23-2000, 07:40 AM
Range Rover

Thor, I agree about the Winter snowmobilers and ATV's. These snowmobilers are weekend warriors. Their season is SO short that as soon as one part of the state has any amount of snow, they all flock to that area to ride. These guys DRINK and DRINK and drive like idiots. In fact Wisconsin is really cracking down on snowmobiliers. Last year was a record death kill on snowmobiles. Something Wisconsin is not proud of.

I made the mistake one year to ride the Winter trails in Hurley. Most of the snowmobilers where very nice and friendly however we did run into a few who thought that the trails did not belong to ATV'rs and decided to play chicken with us. We had no choice to bail and the A$$Holes took off.

The word is out that certain UP NORTH communities are thinking of allowing the ATV's to run the snowmobile trails when the snowmobile trails are considered CLOSED. Places like Eagle River, Minoqua etc. These communities are loosing tourist income when there is very little snow. They figure that if they allow ATV'rs to ride with poor snow, thet will fill the hotles and restaurants. It is about time.

Old 08-23-2000, 09:25 AM
Pro Rider

It's like a whole different world up there(northern WI). Places like Park Falls, and Iron River, let you drive your quad right on the city streets. Everyone welcomes you, instead of snickering in the other direction. The trail systems are top of the line also.
We are riding the Iron River trail system on the 8, 9, and 10 of Sept. Maybe I will see some of you there.

Old 08-23-2000, 10:47 AM
Pro Rider

>>We are riding the Iron River trail system on the 8, 9, and 10 of Sept. Maybe I will see some of you there. <<

Wish I could be there. But... the two other motor sport activities are consuming that weekend. I love Bayfield County. (Try the cheeseburgers at the saloon in Herbster, they are great.)

Motorcycles- Plant tour of the Polaris Engine Plant in Osceola, Wisconsin on the 8th.

Snowmobiles- Hay Days on Sunday the 9th

Old 08-23-2000, 06:56 PM
Trailblazer

If you don't mind me asking where did you get the info on Iron river trails because I have never received any trail info for that area with the trail package I got from the dnr. Or maybe its under a different heading.
Steve
98 Grizzly

Old 08-25-2000, 11:52 AM
Pro Rider

To receive free travel information or one-on-one travel counseling over the phone, please call:

Ashland County (715)682-2500 or (800)284-9484 Bayfield County (715)373-6125 or (800)472-6338

M-F: 9 am to 4 pm CST

or go to the internet

http://www.travelbayfieldcounty.com/moreinfo.htm

May I suggest the Trout Haus for your accomodations. They are excellent.

http://www.trouthaus.com/

Remember, this is Iron River, WI. not MI.

Quick Reply: Iron River, WI vs Park Falls, WI