Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

LONG ISLAND, NY

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2004, 12:54 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LONG ISLAND, NY

Everyone on long island know how hard it is to find a place to ride, and everyone knows of the LIORV and Yaphank tracks, but not everyone wants to pay the fees of the track or travel that far(people in queens,nassau etc.) If anyone has a secret riding spot on long island, or knows anywhere that you can ride on LI, this is the place to post it.

Old 08-25-2004, 11:30 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default LONG ISLAND, NY

Okay I have a couple of spots by my house. On the Lie get off at exit 56, When your at the bottom of the ramp you will see two Moile staions on the left and right. If you are coming from River Head go to the mobil station on your left, If you are coming from the city go to the right. Ok pass the mobil station and you will see a long rodeon your right. Go up that rode and it wwill take you to the Holiday in. DO NOT PARK AT THE HOLIDAY IN!!!If yuou do they will call the police. there is another buildng on the left that you can park behind.. If they cops come they ushally tell you to pack up and leave. Okay for those of you who knew abou that place heres another one. And its right at the other gas station!!!!!!! go to the oppisite gas staion of the one by the Holiday Inn. behind it is a big sand pit the you can ride at.Park at the gas staion or the building on the left. Now I you live by or near Hauppauge I have a lil spot as well. It is an abondon armory with a mini track that I am working on. Is by Party Hardy but across the street. And the last on On Old Nickels rode right before you get to Terry, make the last left and take that street all the way down. If you are at the right one there will be a entrance at the gate. If you are coming fro thegas staion or getting of the lie (exit 58) you take old Nickles until you get to terry rod, the pass the light and make your firs right. Okay if you want more details feel free to instant message me at CR85rRida. Hoped this helped

Old 08-26-2004, 03:31 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default LONG ISLAND, NY

Great Einstein,
Give the cops more places to impound us. Are you really that dumb?
Don't you understand that they are trying to find us a legal place to ride buts its the morons like you that keep screwing it up by ridding illegally? Do us all a favor and find another hobby.

Old 08-27-2004, 08:27 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default LONG ISLAND, NY

Whoa man just relax, I was just replying to a post and ther is no need for you to be yelling at me. I know the deal about long island and the cop issusse. I know they are trying to find us a new place some where in River Head. I dont want to start anything with you but why would you call me a moron for riding my dirtbike around. I know that you have riddn illegaly before at one point or another. Those arent places where they can impund you because thete are hardly used as it is and if you have ever gotten cought (which I hope you havent) you would know you get 3 strikes. Soo no I guess Im not really that dumb. Sorry for getting you upset. I hope i didnt give you the wrong impression. I am not one of thos riders that dosent give a rats a$$ about where they ride. Where i ride (excapt for 56) I know the people and I am a freindly rider. Their kids wave to me so obviously they dont not like me. And while crusng the streets to get there i dont go at extremly fast speeds. I hope you understand wher i am coming from. if you have AIM and live on the Island mabey we could go ride together or just chat. My name is Matt

Old 08-29-2004, 09:06 AM
Trailblazer
Default LONG ISLAND, NY

3 strikes? On Long Island? My friend was impounded for his first offense and so was his friend who was an off-duty cop. They were riding out in Yaphank. Forget about legal riding on LI except for the track in Yaphank. The idiots with the "other" track pretty much killed it for all of us by lying to the legislators.

Old 08-29-2004, 09:11 AM
Trailblazer
Default LONG ISLAND, NY

BTW, I though exit 56 was strictly enforced by Suffolk's finest. I used to go there 13 years ago when it was still wide open.

Old 08-29-2004, 09:50 PM
Pro Rider
Default LONG ISLAND, NY

whats btw mean and yes it is strictly inforced just osmetimes you get a nice cop? I know alot of ppl ride at the kings park sandpit also my back yard well let me tell you dont ? Can you say impound no warning 4 wheel drive jeeps and umm lots of fines just for fun. Got some new cops reral a$sholes i want the old guy that used to show up and tlak to us he was great he even rode one guy who let him try it once because he was interested in buying a 400ex. i liked that guy mabye he got fired for this?

Old 08-30-2004, 10:05 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default LONG ISLAND, NY

My apologizes Matt, I guess I came off a little hard. I apologize for insulting you, its I just get so pissed sometimes when people give out sites on the net. There are plenty of cops that read these forums. The Cops and Dec have been impounding a ton this summer out east, and the people who run that small backyard track ruined it for most of us. And what's with Levy? First he states a park is something we should look into then does a total 180?
Politics at its finest.

Old 08-30-2004, 11:14 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default LONG ISLAND, NY

Its cool Delta12, any way I went to 56 the other day to see what was happining and its still wide open but its mostly flat. They are leveling the dirt like crazy so that means there going to build somthing. The riders there are reckless as well. They big four stroke quads do donuts every where and kick up huge dust storms. The back trails are still decent but other then that I would say its not what it was. The sand pits are still ok but there getting torn down buy other kids in the neighborhood. Where is this Kings park sand pit? It sounds like fun. Do any of you guys live in Hauppauge?

Old 08-30-2004, 11:46 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default LONG ISLAND, NY

I gave up on the quads and got a dual bike. I love it, it gives me the opportunity to ride a street bike and hit easy dirt if I want too. I was impounded on my quad once and that was enough. My neighbors were complaining about the noise, I would have stopped if they said something but they called the PD instead, cost me over a grand. I cant figure out why the dual bikes are not more popular.

Quick Reply: LONG ISLAND, NY