Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Best Ride In Ohio !

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2000, 10:19 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Tom is there any riding out by you? I live in Lorain. We sure don't have much here, looking for something closer. If you ever need riding partners let me know.

Old 09-19-2000, 01:44 AM
Range Rover

Hey tom4trax you ever been down here in southern ohio?There is lots of great ridin' down here.Just curious you said youve rode everywhere in Ohio.

Old 10-03-2000, 04:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hillbilly,

There really isn't much around where I live. Some local trails and all, but thats about it. Nothing worth the drive to. We are however going to a Bike Atv rally over in PA this coming weekend. We went to the big poker fun in early spring and filled out a card that this group got. They decide to put another poker run on. the rally is about 19 miles north of Meadville PA. Supposed to be around a 40 mile trail, that starts up some ski mountain. Hope it's as good as the big one in Cocherington......

Old 10-03-2000, 04:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

Swain,

Yeah I have been a few tracks down there, but I am sure there are more places the locals like you know about. My 2 brothers and I go all the time riding. If you know of some really good places, let me know. Maybe we could hook up and ride.... I have been all throught Perry, Wayne..Hillsville... Wellsville..etc...Also did a few Harescrambles down that way....Lighting, Big Valley.....I am a CRA member as well as a AMA member.

Let me know if there are some trails worth making the trip down....Be cool to ride somewhere new..

thanks
Tom

Old 10-04-2000, 01:28 AM
Range Rover

Hey tom4trax,
I go ridin at Wayne alot!I have been to all three different locations but not all the trailheads or hardly all the trails.
Which one is closest to you?
Ironton,Nelsonville,or South Webster or Blackfork?

Old 10-04-2000, 10:51 AM
Weekend Warrior

Swain,

I have been to the Ironton and Nelsonville trail heads. Both are pretty good. The trails are about 3 hours from me. I have not been to the other 2, but from what I understand they are very similar to the 2 I have riden. Any other good spots around????

Later

Old 10-04-2000, 11:44 AM
Pro Rider

Dang, just missed it! I just joined this site, and would've been interested in attending. Will you post something the next time you do one of these events? I am trying to find places to ride in Ohio, since I'm new (less than 2 years) to Ohio, and also just got my ATV's (although we've been dirt-bikers for years). Since we;ve got the ATV's,we've been going to Pike, and plan to go to Badlands this coming weekend, and will probably visit Wayne next year, but are always interested in any events like this one.

Old 10-04-2000, 12:02 PM
Trailblazer

rubiconbob,

were you at Pike this past weekend, sunday to be exact?

Old 10-04-2000, 12:40 PM
Pro Rider

Yup, Saturday (all-day) and Sunday (mid-day). We left around 1pm to go back to Long's Retreat and pack up the travel trailer. It was our first experience with the travel trailer, so I wanted to leave enough time to get back home early. Were you the one in the blue Toyota? I had the black Ford F-350 dually with the ATV rack on the bed.

Old 10-05-2000, 05:07 PM
Trailblazer

Yep, I guess that was me. left you a reply at the "where in Ohio" forum to. Looking forward to the next SOAR ride. Make sure you get your info to Recoman. see ya.

Quick Reply: Best Ride In Ohio !