Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Billerica, MA

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2004, 10:23 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Billerica, MA

Hey Trzzy,
Can you PM me the directions in Dracut, when is the best time to ride there and there worst, don't want any hassles from the cops or Enviro Police.

Old 10-02-2004, 10:29 AM
Pro Rider
Default Billerica, MA

hey trzzy....... if you don't mind, keep an eye out for my quad.. also, who do you ride with here??

Old 10-02-2004, 10:32 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Billerica, MA

Hey tizzy I have rode at bronx pit before its not to bad there a few cool hills and the pit down by the train station I lived right across the street from a few years ago and I rode there a lot just because there was no loading the trailer up to go but , a kid there was killed last year when 2 bikes hit and its completly restricted I would not go there again as for the school I am pretty sure you are talking about the locke pits small pit behind it near baseball feilds > i use to get to bronx pits via some trails and if cops came we just left [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-02-2004, 12:08 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Billerica, MA

As far as where to park and unload in dracut not to sure I park at my friends house and we leave from there. I don't know the name of the street but if you go down 110 from lowell to methuen you will see the sign for brox's if you go up that street and take a right the pit and trails are right off that street you can't miss them. I would not reccomend parking there but have seen people parked there and riding again I would not reccomend it the cops know about the riding that goes on. As far as times to go the dracut cops have dirtbikes (and can't ridre for sh#t) they usually go out around mid afternoon (1-2) so we go out in the morning or at night.

Old 10-02-2004, 01:26 PM
Pro Rider
Default Billerica, MA

^^so true, the cops couldn't ride if their lives depended on it^^

Old 10-03-2004, 12:00 PM
Pro Rider
Default Billerica, MA

i ride behind my house in wakefield its near the sheraton or colonial(theyre always changin names) but its a good place to ride around for about 3 hours or so. and in the winter its fun too lots of places to get stuck and give u challenges

Old 10-03-2004, 06:41 PM
Range Rover
Default Billerica, MA

Thanks tbsleeper:
Any place to park near the SHeraton, I would like to tyr it out, saw HT lines there, are the cops nasty or OK?

Old 10-08-2004, 03:32 PM
Pro Rider
Default Billerica, MA

sorry havent looked in here in a while....its not the woods near teh sheraton its on teh other side of teh highway where montrose ice cream is.. u might be able to park somewhere around my house but its nothign great..nowhere to really go fast just lots of whoops and stuff liek that

Old 10-08-2004, 10:49 PM
Range Rover
Default Billerica, MA

this is why we have no where to ride around here anymore. you guys have no idea who is seaching these forums looking for places to go and catch you people riding. for all we know the EPA is searching these places. Thats why everywhere we go riding we always get in trouble. Ive been riding for about 10 years now. From the time i started riding till now i can only probably go to about half of them. all the others are either blocked off or the epa is there. There is only one good riding spot that i go to that i will not blurt it out on an open forum. Keep these to private messeges or before you know it there will be NO places to ride.

Old 10-09-2004, 06:42 AM
Range Rover
Default Billerica, MA

Jiffy,
I can tell you from experience and as one who has friends in law enforcement that they are NOT reviewing these boards. In fact they don't even care about riding. Unfortunatly, the biggest reason we have lost land over the last ten years is due to new rapid development of homes as land is scarce and expensive in eastern Mass. Another reason why trails are closed or blocked is due to the complaints of homeowners and business owners. Some people are loud and trash the land and litter with their machines, In addition, many landowners are concerned about the insurance ramifications should someone get hurt on their property.

Most of the cops I have spoken to could care less about ATV's in the woods. Given the current concerns about crime we have, it's not worth their time. That being said, I think you have to give law enforcement a little credit, their not stupid. I'll bet they already know where the trails are. In fact, I know one cop who rides on some of these trails.

I am not saying your wrong about posting info here, maybe we should be a little more discreet about it. But be assured if the cops show up, it's because somebody complained.
THANX!

Quick Reply: Billerica, MA