Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Clark County Trail, WI

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2004, 04:50 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clark County Trail, WI

I heard the Clark County Trail in Wisconsin is highly Recommended for sport or utility. I just got a map of the trail it states after some rain you can find 10 miles of mud has anyone rode this trail to give their opinion, thanks

Old 10-03-2004, 04:35 AM
Pro Rider

Have not done Clark cty trails but did do Jackson which connect. Jackson was more sandy. Did find some nice water holes by the highway 27 parking area. Would sure like to find such a spot though. Hoping to get down there next w/e as they close in Jackson the 15th

Old 10-06-2004, 11:35 PM
Trailblazer

I rode clark county the end of may on my predator and only encounter trouble when we tried to connect to black river falls .we came across a large mucky sand pit that we could not get through with our sport quads but the 4x4's got through it fairly well.this spot was between #2 and #1 on the clark county map. trails were definatley moist with very little dust but by the end of the week the weather started to warm up and things got a little dusty.
a word of caution when it comes to the gas icons on the map. the one near snyder park is just a tank behind the supper club on highway 10 and is not always open during the week. the one by rock dam is also just a tank run by the bar but was open but a little pricey. the one in neillsville is a reguler station along with the one in merrillan. they also have good food at the taverns in merrillan.
if you get to merrillan deffinatley buy a Quad County trails Map. it has the Eau Claire, Clark, Trempealeau, and Jackson co. trails all linked on one map. they are only two bucks.

Old 10-08-2004, 12:26 AM
Pro Rider

I was up there back in May and had a blast. We stayed at a campground in Hatfeild. I think it was something along the lines of Russel memorial camp grounds. It was rite on the trail and was perfect for riding out of. Our campsite was within 75 feet of the trail. One day we rode to Rock Dam to the north and the next to Lake Point to the south. The south rout was far sandier and more of a trail. The north rout had a lot of road riding, most of it if not all of it would be passable with a 2wd car. The only exception that comes to mind is the big frequent mud pits. The south rout was more close tight trails. They where all sand and had some real fun mud holes to play in. We had a mix of sport and utility machines. One of the utility machines would hit the mud pits first to see how deep they where then the sport machines would go as far as they could, then I would come up behind them with my wifes Grizzly and push them though the rest of the way. Be careful some of the mud pits have no bottome. We had to use the winch a few times. We will be going back next spring for shure.

Old 10-18-2004, 04:06 PM
Pro Rider

clark county trails and jackson county trails are not connected any more (dirt ***** wrecked it for everyone) the best riding by far is the clark system which is the northern system. i think there is more than 100 miles plus. you can unload in hatfeild and ride north towards rock dam then swing back around to the eastern edge and make a large loop back to schneider park then back south again to hatfeild thats about 125 miles. they have been working hard on culverts and filling in the bad area's so there isn't a ton of mud (but you can always find some) alot of logging roads and wide sandy trails. we ride up there alot in the winter (groomed smooth for snowmobiles) it is legal for quads in the winter there. good luck