Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

ATV Trails In Calabogie, Ontario

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2004, 05:21 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATV Trails In Calabogie, Ontario

My wife and I will be in Calabogie, Ontario the last week of November. She is Canadian and has camped on Crown land around Dodge Lake in that area. We were considering bringing our ATV's with us and we were wondering if there are some trails around the area that we could ride. There used to be a logging road that goes to the lake that folks used to ATV on (somewhere around the dam you make a left and go over a bridge - it's been a few years so we are grasping here). Does anyone know the area or know of any other trails in the area?

Our bikes are registered, licensed and insured in Maine; are there any other considerations for riding in Ontario for a week?

Thanks!

Dave Young

Old 10-15-2004, 11:18 AM
Trailblazer

Yes; by all means bring your ATV's, I have been to Calabogie several times, but I come up the trails from Ompah. Possibly check the Eastern Ontario Trail Alliance web-site they probably would send you a map of their trails which Calabogie is a big part of. There are more trails there than you could cover in a week that is for sure. There are three different trails from Ompah to Calabogie one being part way down the old K&P railine. There is a trail off the rail line that takes you to Ompah. The logging roads on the south side of Calabogie are maintained by South Frontenac Township as the goverment quit maintaining them and the Township took them over, the Township does charge a fee, but since you would be coming down from Calabogie I wouldn't worry about it. If you did run into the fellow who police's it he is a really nice guy, I'm sure the worst he would do is charge you the seven dollar fee. Deer Hunting will just gotten over so the trail will be well used and should be no problem. Good luck and have a great holiday.

Old 10-17-2004, 06:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thank you very much for the reply. I wrote to the Eastern Ontario Trail Alliance and asked to buy a trail map for the area. We're very much looking forward to the ride, we just hope the weather holds out for us...

Dave Young