Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

BAUER'S PIT UPDATE

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2004, 08:39 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BAUER'S PIT UPDATE

We had a meeting the other night about Bauer's Pit and I thought I would share some info with eveyone.

To start off with, we will be creating a "parent" organization to represent all 3 groups working on the GIA (trucks, dirtbikes, and ATV's). Each group will continue to have their own clubs and will be recognized as charter members of the Southern Minnesota Area Recreational Trails Association, or S.M.A.R.T. This will make it easier to work through one entity.

Once we get the association established, we will then pursue a CUP (Conditional Use Permit). Although Roy has laready received a CUP, the group will be taking over the responsibility of the pit and will need the CUP in their name. We feel that some of the conditions on the original CUP were overkill and will fight to have those eliminated on the new one. The CUP will help with getting the GIA.

There will be work that needs to be done on the pit before we can ride again. This will take some funds for the initial start up. The only way to do this is through memberships with clubs. We are looking to other possibilities as well.

Once we get signatures from the state, our local sponsor (Rice County), and local groups, we can then start on the pit.

Old 10-17-2004, 10:06 AM
Pro Rider

Thx for the info LEP7MM...

& like I said B4 If ya need a hand with anything let me no[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 10-20-2004, 04:10 PM
Pro Rider

TTT

Old 09-10-2005, 03:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

is the pit open?

Old 09-10-2005, 10:50 PM
Pro Rider

vlebaron:

Read the other threads, and the personal message that I sent you. Bauer's Pit is NOT open legally, and probably won't be until the local business interested in purchasing/leasing gets a deal worked out.

I heard about more people getting busted out there for trespassing per a County contact of mine. Better be safe than sorry...

-- Brian

Old 02-22-2007, 05:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

I haven't heard anything about the pit in a while and I am wondering if it will ever get opened up again. I go to the tri county atv park and it is ok but back when i used to go to Bauer's those were the good times and Bauer's is like 10x the size of tri county. Its sad that Roy cant just be left alone and have his pit. Give the guy a break he is over 90 yrs old.

Old 02-22-2007, 08:45 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah I kind of wonder the same thing. Bauer's is still closed to my knowledge, although occasionally I see people riding out there. From what I hear, his family wants the money if they sell the place. And until Roy passes on, they're going to hold up anything from happening on that property. A particular local business has looked into purchasing Roy's pit to open it for recreational use, and this is the exact roadblock that they ran into ... the lawyers.

I'm out at Tri-County quite often during the summer. I've probably seen you out there. I had a 2000 Polaris Scrambler that I used to rip around the pit with, and I usually ride with a middle age guy on a Banshee and his 15 yr. old son on a Raptor 660. This year, I bought a new '07 YFZ450 that I will certainly have down there...

Hope to see you out there this spring!

Trending Topics

Old 02-23-2007, 03:04 AM
Pro Rider

Roy's pit would hav been great, but IMO too much $hit has happened there to hav anything good come out of it.............

Brian B-carefull on that yz its why more then that, what did ya hav LOL...........

& if it's stock when we dragin[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-23-2007, 11:28 AM
Pro Rider

Haha, yeah it's a pretty big upgrade. The modified Scrambler was actually pretty quick on the top end for it's size ... as long as it was flat ground with no whoops or jumps, I could keep up with the lighter sport 400s. After playing with a YZ250 over the course of the summer, I knew I needed something lighter that would handle well and had a better suspension.

Just give me a month to work on my biceps before we line them up. I'll need the extra strength to keep the front end down! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]