Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Clear Creek California

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2004, 08:38 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clear Creek California

Has anyone ever rode at clear creek. It is approx 20 west of coalinga area. Can anyone tell me what to expect, or how riding is???

Old 11-18-2004, 04:32 AM
Quad Patrol

Brodie, PM BlackandRedWarrior, Not sure, but, I think he has ridden there.

Old 11-18-2004, 08:15 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

Clear creek is one of my favorite riding area's when it is wet. Too much asbestos in the dirt for my health when dry. I have only ridden there on a dirt bike and it is quite technical. They hold what is the only National Enduro in calif. there. Lot's of steep up/down hills. There is also lots of access road's and "quad trail's" (wider than single track). When I have been there it has been about 30% quad's to 70% bike's, so I assume quad guy's like it.

Old 11-18-2004, 12:55 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

I've never ridden there myself. However, my friends have and like it. I'll second wifesquad from what I've heard. Definately a wet season only place to ride. And they also recommend that you immediately wash your riding gear seperately from any other clothing to get the asbestos fibers out before they dry and can easily become airborne.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 11-18-2004, 03:22 PM
Range Rover

I ride there! Very technical , mostly for dirtbikes all though I have rode my quad there. The place is huge and you can easily get lost and never see another person. Get a map!!! BLM will give it to you for 1$ sometimes they are there and bulletin board area. One time me and my buddy fouled a plug on one of the bikes way out there,we had the extra plug but no wrench.ARhhh we were ther for at least a hour. Friend said go back to truck get tool and come back for me. Im like dude I have no idea where the truck is?LOL then out of nowhere some pig hunters come out of the woods with guns and bow arrows etc, and let us borrow cresent wrench the guy had (lucky for us he had that) I was like oh great when I saw them its like DELIVERENCE the movie! I was gonna hop on my bike and leave my buddy.LOL but I didnt.LOL be prepared out there with parts, tools,map,and scarry *** hunters in the woods. heck you could get hit with bullets out there. Another friend has been shot at out there cause we scared what he was hunting and he got pissed off. I had my bike pinned all the way to the truck.LOL
just be careful out there or be forewarned!also like mentioned only ride there after rain not when dry or you will glow in the dark.LOL
k-dog

Old 11-18-2004, 07:36 PM
Pro Rider

I have ridden Clear Creek since the 70's on dirt bikes. On quads it would be very easy to get in over your head on some of the tuff trails and side hills so be darn carefull. I believe the asbestos scare is way over rated. This is not even the type of asbestos that causes health problems. I would never pass up a good ride at Clear Creek because it hadn't rained in awhile. Just like everywhere in Northern Calif, I leave room when following others in the dust. It's just more fun when you can see where you are going.

Old 11-19-2004, 12:00 AM
Range Rover

Thanks for all the feed back, yep already got the map and my trusty rino 120 GPS unit. I thingk we are gonna pass until the next rain though. I have heard about the asbestos, also about the motorcyle tracks but if you look at my pics rand mountain range has plenty of those and we have no problems ridin them. If anyone is interested we are headed to Gorman sunday the 21rst for a ride.

Trending Topics

Old 11-19-2004, 10:37 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally posted by: oldturtle
I have ridden Clear Creek since the 70's on dirt bikes. On quads it would be very easy to get in over your head on some of the tuff trails and side hills so be darn carefull. I believe the asbestos scare is way over rated. This is not even the type of asbestos that causes health problems. I would never pass up a good ride at Clear Creek because it hadn't rained in awhile. Just like everywhere in Northern Calif, I leave room when following others in the dust. It's just more fun when you can see where you are going.
I rode enduro's at clear creek from 83-92, usually 2 a year. You had to sign all the usual waver's and 2 special asbestos warning waiver's. I have only ridden there twice in the dust. First time was in 86 I believe, racing the Quick silver national enduro, A Open class. It was a race so you were in the dust all day long. The result, about 30 minutes from the finish my eye's just shut. No I did not close them they closed them selves, on their own. Not good when you are riding at speed. I used all my water trying to get my eye's open. It took about 15 minutes, My result's suffered imensely. My eye's they were not blood shot but purple shot, until wednesday of that week. Sort of scary. The second time was in 02 It was my first enduro since 92. Rode in dust until 1/2 way then quit. No health problem's from that day that I am aware of. It does not seem worth it to ignore the warning's. There are other places to ride where the only danger is crashing. Just my opinion.

Old 11-29-2004, 12:34 AM
Range Rover

Setting up a trip to clear creek on the 12th of December. Anyone interested??

Old 11-29-2004, 02:36 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Hmmmm. I just might head out that way if nothing comes up. It's not too far of a drive. I think it's like 1.5 hrs.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote