Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

riding in north dakota

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 05:32 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default riding in north dakota

That makes sense, I'll have to check it out next time I'm that way.

Thanks for the info.

Old 12-28-2004, 10:18 AM
Weekend Warrior

Dakotaprairie, I have only got to ride in the black hills a couple times and not to familiar with it would like to go though sometime with some that has ridin there more to show me around.
As far as the BigHorns go we always go to Sheridan, WY we head into the foothills from there and take in all the vehicles and gear for the week as we camp out in tents and drink a bunch of beer LOL.... it's about 15-20 miles into the mountains from Sheridan to the SW and it takes about 1 1/2 hrs to get in there in a vehicle and then we ride for all day 4-5 days staight have fun camp fires, eat lots of food and drink lots of beer. Let me know when you wanna go to the hills maybe next trip I can get you in on the Mountain trip.

Old 12-31-2004, 11:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

I live just North of Spearfish SD and was in the Northern Black Hills 37 times this last year. If you want to see a little of what we do check our web page www.blackhillsatv.com

Old 01-04-2005, 12:27 AM
Trailblazer

Im in Grand Forks. There are some really nice trails in Wallhalla ND. I know its a bit north but its worth it. How is the riding in the Bismark area. Need to get out and explore ND a bit. Any good places in the Badlands?

Old 01-04-2005, 12:52 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Eddee, what is the deal with riding in the Black Hills? I have some friends that ride around Nemo and they say you can ride wherever you want to go. No trails doesn't sound like a good thing for the forest. I ride in the Bighorns and Wyoming has maps with the trails marked out. I want to get over to the Hills and ride some weekend, but I didn't want to just jump off the road and start riding if I'm going to have a Ranger chasing me around.

Sp600blue- what part of the mountains do you ride? We usually stay on the Red Grade side ,but have been known to venture over towards the Dayton side.

Old 01-04-2005, 01:01 AM
Trailblazer

Bismarck is pretty cool, I think it's about the only sand you'll find in ND. There's lots of wooded trails also that can keep you busy for a few hours, I've gotten backwards in there befor and lost a couple times at night. You do have to watch when running along the river cuz the bank is falling into the water in some spots. During weekends there's usally quite a few people down there. I'm going to try get down there more this summer, I've got a crotchrocket converted into a 3-wheeler and want to try it out in the sand.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-04-2005, 09:51 AM
Weekend Warrior

Lazer3, We usually stay by little goose just up the MTS from Sheridan. We ride out from little goose or where are camping and ride as many trails as possible. We ride up to a few different lakes to and try trout fishing. It's a hell of a good time! One of my buddies has just bought some land there NE of Sheridan and is moving out there so I am hoping to make a few more trips.

Old 01-05-2005, 10:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

We try to stay around ranger creek campground or near twin lakes. We have pretty much covered that side of the mountain but can't wait to go back and start again.

Old 01-14-2005, 05:23 PM
Trailblazer

anybody interested in some riding. it's -30 here at night and -15 for a high temp in the day. bundle up and lets go riding. i'll post some more pics later. the picture of my quad on the frozen creek, it was about -10 that day.

Old 01-14-2005, 06:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

lazer 3, You are right on no trails not being good for the forest and we have formed a coalition of OHV's that we hope can establish a trails system and not have the forest service shut all the Black Hills down. We ride on the old mining and logging trails. See a lot of the history of the logging and mining industry, plus ride a lot right where Gen. Custer went thru on one of his trips. There is a very good book that shows almost all his trails, dates and then and now pictures of this area of the Hills. We see something new every trip out. Check out our web sight at www.blackhillsatv.com

Hey Eddee, what is the deal with riding in the Black Hills? I have some friends that ride around Nemo and they say you can ride wherever you want to go. No trails doesn't sound like a good thing for the forest. I ride in the Bighorns and Wyoming has maps with the trails marked out. I want to get over to the Hills and ride some weekend, but I didn't want to just jump off the road and start riding if I'm going to have a Ranger chasing me around.

Sp600blue- what part of the mountains do you ride? We usually stay on the Red Grade side ,but have been known to venture over towards the Dayton side.

Quick Reply: riding in north dakota