Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Texas Riders!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2000, 02:22 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rocky Ridge is a place for everyone, lots of different terrain to ride on, and yes, no set track, just have to be on the look out.

I didnt hear about the 8 year old, what a awfull thing for their family, so sad.

Not sure what they will do with restrictions now, there are always wrecks there, that goes with the dangers of riding ATVs/Bikes.
They say just about every weekend there is a wreck, just about and a few I have seen at Flying P as well. One nasty wreck in paticular sent chils up my spine, thats why im a very cautious rider and dont really hill climb that much.

Well I still hope to see some of you out there on the 23rd.
Cya

(edit)
I just read the news on the child, and said he was hit by a buggy.....no offroad trucks/buggys are allowed at Rocky Ridge, right? I coulda swore that only dirtbikes and atvs were allowed?

Old 09-13-2000, 10:08 AM
Pro Rider

Pfelect, that was teh place I told you about. Lake Lavon directions are on my site. Very cool place. Just north of Lake Ray Hubbard.

Old 09-13-2000, 12:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

Have they reopened the riding at FT. Hood? They had closed it down ealier this year because of some little bird's habitat.

Old 09-13-2000, 02:16 PM
Range Rover

JIGA do you know of anyone going out to flying"P" this weekend? Im thinking of going and was wonderng if anyone is going...I hate to ride by myself!!!!!

Old 09-13-2000, 06:20 PM
Pro Rider

thanks Tex, maybe I can meet you out therer sometime.

JIGA,
theres a sign as you enter Rocky Ridge that says only dirt bikes, 3and4 wheelers are allowed to play but be careful, Ive seen an ambulancer and/or Careflite every time Ive been there.
I agree though its a cool place to ride

Old 09-14-2000, 01:47 AM
Pro Rider

Grisby..
Nope dont know anyone going out this weekend to the "P" both of my friends wrecked their dirtbikes (hehe) and I have to work this Saturday for some overtime, but I am definatly going on the 23rd to Rocky Ridge.

Pfelect..
Ya I know of the sign but was wondering what a buggy was doing out there? hmm, been riding there about 6 or 7 times and have never seen anything else but dirtbikes, threewheelers, and quads riding aroudn, but you do have to watch out for the vehicles coming in hauling their machines.
One time me and my friend came real close to hitting a truck coming down the road to the lake, we were flying up the hill as he was coming down, pretty close call but since we were going up hill+brakes slowed us down enough, still pretty scary.

Old 09-14-2000, 09:59 AM
Pro Rider

JIGA, remember the accident was not at Rocky Ridge, but at the Denton place on 380. I do see buggies there every once and a while.

Old 09-14-2000, 12:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

Do any of you Texas riders know how to get to Larry's Land in Longview? I found in it on the www.txmud.com site for East Texas. I'm going to be close to that part of Texas and would like to take my raptor out there. I know it is off I-20 by the Sabine river but I don't know where Larry's place is. How do I get to his house to park?

Thanks.

Old 09-14-2000, 12:33 PM
Range Rover

Does anyone know if Flying "P" is open during the weekdays? Im going to be taken off tommorow and want to go out there.

99 Banshee FMF Fatty, Power Core 2, K&N, blue shockwear!

http://www.geocities.com/mgrigsby21/

Old 09-14-2000, 12:41 PM
Pro Rider

Dont know how to get there. You may want to do some searching for TxDoc2. He lives out there and can surely tell you how to get there. Is that the same as Fun Wheeler Park? If so then I dont think it is good for sport riders?? You may want to ask him.

Quick Reply: Texas Riders!!