Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Texas Riders!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2000, 04:59 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok Tx riders Im back. Been gone a while and now want to go riding worse than ever, havent been able to ride in about a month and a half.
So far Im shooting for a ride on the 23rd or 16th, (prolly the 23rd so my buddy can go as well) of september.
We are going to go to Rocky Ridge in Decatur, TX and I would like for anyone to come and ride with us. I ride a 99 Blaster and my friend rides a 97 Wolverine, we are both 21 (well he just turned 22), and are not experienced riders, hehe, kinda moderate I guess you could say. So anyone that would like to come and just cruise around, have fun and do some hill climbs, little bit of racing, heck just all out fun, even mudding, really fun on my blaster, hehe.
We may camp out but not sure, Saturday we will arrice when gates open till they close, but if we camp we could do some night rides that I have never got to try.
Ive tried to meet some of yall before but with no luck, prolly have met some but me didnt know, heh.
So again this is on the 23rd of September, we are both moderate riders, there is only a couple of hills I attempt on my lil Blaster, the rest im a chicken, heh, and some jumps I do, ( dont get much air but I jump a little, and crash a little too, heh) and some mud pits we get into later in the day, just overall fun time.

Im pretty sure we will go on the 23rd, almost positve and not on the 16th, I will keep updates.

Ps: When we do get there, we park near the lake/pond whatever you want to call it, by the road. We are in a 00 Dodge Ram with trailer, green wolverine and white blaster.
Hope to see some of you there.
(posted in Where to ride, and yamaha atvs)

NOTE FROM ATVBBS:

One forum per post, please. Thank you for your cooperation.

atvbbs

Old 09-12-2000, 11:36 AM
Range Rover

Im down to go whenever....Let me know and I can meet you somewhere and follow you out there...I live in Arlington and Ft. Worth is not very far. I've never been to Rocky Ridge...is it better than Flying "P"?

99 Yamaha Banshee FMF Fatty Pipes, Power Core 2 silencers, K&N filter, blue outerwears.

http://www.geocities.com/mgrigsby21/
(started this webpage but not yet completed)
let me know what you think!!!

Old 09-12-2000, 12:39 PM
Pro Rider

Grisby, heck ya its better than Flying P, (in my opinion) much bigger, more hill climbs, but not as much of a track there, mostly hills, flats rocky terrain, hard pack, sand, plains grass, and hehe some cows to chase and a bull that tried to outrun my blaster, lmao.
Went to talk to my friend today and he wasnt sure if he is going to go, BUT I AM definatly going, no matter what, heh, just gotta find a truck now.
It will be cool to ride with some new people, but your gonna blow me away on the shee.
Hope ta see you there!
(will update as the date gets closer)

Old 09-12-2000, 12:55 PM
Range Rover

I like Flying"P" because it's alot closer and I like riding that track...is there some good jumps at Rocky Ridge? I wouldn't mind going to Flying "P" this saturday for like 4-5 hours...probably early around 7am or so...Have to be home around 4 or so...or I may go to Greenville for the TQRA races...I might race in that begginers class they just started...but I would have to take my pipes off. Does anyone want to go out to Flying "P" this weekend?

99 Yamaha Banshee FMF Fatty pipes, Power Core 2 silences, K&N filter, blue shock covers!!!

(Not yet completed)

Old 09-12-2000, 04:33 PM
Pro Rider

Just curious guys, I used to live in San Antonio and I was shocked when I found out to go hunting in TX you had to have a lease. Is there any public land to ride quads on or is that a pay as you ride thing too? I know there isnt much public land there but I have heard that you can ride around some of the military posts.

Old 09-12-2000, 04:49 PM
Range Rover

I know you can ride at Ft. Hood in Kileen...Also you can ride at places that the Core of engineers own like Marshall Creek on Grapevine Lake...and this place in Denton...but mostly the good places are privately owned.

99 Yamaha Banshee FMF Fattys pipes, Power Core 2 silencers, K&N filter, blue shockwears

(Not yet completed)

Old 09-12-2000, 05:08 PM
Pro Rider

Hey guys! I am a big fan of the Denton place, but on Saturday there was an accident there. A 8 year old child died. The story is here: http://www.dallasnews.com/metro/1673...ike_11met.html. I have a feeling they will start getting strict about that place.

Old 09-12-2000, 05:28 PM
Range Rover

I've never been out to the place in Denton but I saw some of the pictures on the news were that kid got killed and it looked like my kind of terrain. Have they restricted the riding out there as of yet? Would be nice to go ride out there.

99 Yamaha Banshee FMF Fatty Pipes, Power Core 2 silencers, K&N filter, blue shockwears.

(Not yet completed)

Old 09-12-2000, 08:34 PM
Pro Rider

The Denton place is pretty cool. It has stuff for everyone. Lots of trails and lots of hills and jumps. I ride mud so the trials are a blast for me. But the sport riders have fun in the hills. The hills are where the child was killed. They are very dangerous. When my dirt biking friends want to play I will usually go to the top of a hill and tell them when its safe. I do not feel comfortable at all in those hills. There is no set track or anything, just a bunch (hundreds) of hills. Many of the hill have paths from 4-5 angles meeting at the top. I have some pics of the area on my site. http://www.ansley.net

I am not sure what they have done with the area. I have not been in 2 weeks. I have actually found a better place out at Lake Lavon that has more trails and such. I am very hesitant to go back to Denton since it is private property, and there is no way to tell where this land owner's land ends or begins. We had always been told it was army core of engineers land but that was obviously wrong.

Old 09-13-2000, 12:26 AM
Pro Rider

I saw that on the news last night and wondered if that was the place Texmud had told me about, it looked like the pics he has on his site. Thats really a shame, that little boy was probably gonna grow up to be a responsible rider and an asset to atving.

Where exactly is Lake Lavon?

Quick Reply: Texas Riders!!