Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

San Antonio

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 04:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default San Antonio

WHERE IN THE HECK DO PEOPLE RIDE AROUND HERE! I want to bring my quad out here and do some riding , but everthing is private property around here, or ATV's arent allowed! I go back to my home town about 5.5 hours away on weekends to ride.

Old 01-04-2005, 08:42 AM
Range Rover
Default San Antonio

Im sorry to say you live in the worst state four quads.There is a few little riding parks in northern Texas but I would'nt drive up for them.I would sell the quad and buy a nother street bike

Old 01-04-2005, 12:28 PM
Pro Rider
Default San Antonio

Well Ill never sell my quad, I ride alot in my home town about 5.5 hours east of San Antonio. On the state line with Louisiana. There are alot of places to ride there. Heck we ride just about anywhere we want to. Alot of dirt roads and open land company timberland to ride on. plus alot of offroad "parks" in the area from Houston up to Dallas. We get from place to place on the dirt roads and along the side of county roads. The law doesnt bother you too much as long as your not riding along a state road. But as long as your on county roads/ Farm roads and not driving crazy and stay along the wood lines its cool. Its just that here in San Antone there is no where to ride. I heard there is a place up at Ft Hood that you can ride on the military base, and me being Army I can get on and ride, but it is about 2.5 hours away still, but might be nice to check out.

Old 01-04-2005, 07:50 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts
Default San Antonio

It's a pretty good drive for you, but Muenster has 2500 acres. Right on the Red River, it's about 1 1/2 hours from Dallas. For us, it's just a short trip there or over the border to Oklahoma.

Old 01-04-2006, 11:13 PM
Trailblazer
Default San Antonio

There aint many places to ride around here. Too much private property. I ride at a place in Southeast San Antonio. Everyone knows it as The 700 Acres. It used to be pretty popular back in the day. It been around for about 20 years. Its private property but there is no fence around it and anyone can go there. Theres signs that say private property around there but I have never been bothered by the cops. The cops dont really enforce. Back in the day, there would be tons of people that would go ride there. Some of the best trails to ride in the SA area. Then the owners of the land sold a portion of it and a golf course and houses were built on it. There still is about 300 acres left to ride. There is a quite of few people that still ride there but nothing like it used to be. Pretty good trail riding.
Then there is a place on the Northwest of town called Devils Den. It near Ingram Park Mall. Alot of trucks go out there but there is quite of few people on dirtbikes and atvs that go out there as well. Its not bad out there.

Old 01-05-2006, 04:28 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default San Antonio

Try Cross Creek outside of Austin in Bastrop. They allow quads.
Once a month I head up to Waco to Crooked Creek Cycle Park. Super nice people and nice place to ride.

www.crookedcreekcyclepark.com

Old 01-05-2006, 06:32 PM
Pro Rider
Default San Antonio

Yeah , I found Devils Den, went there in my truck with my son to check it out awhile back. i just brought my quad from"Home" to san antonio this last weekend. going to take my son there to ride this weekend on his 50 preditor. I also have heard of 700acres, as ive also searched for places to mountain bike and it came up. will probably head more toward austin for good mountain biking. anyway heard the same from bikers about the posted part, they sya knowone says or bothers you about it, and they also mentioned atv / dirtbikes, which caught my attention. so i may head there sunday or some time soo to check it out.someone was telling me of a place out past 281 on 410 that people atv, and a place near lackland AFB that is ridable

Old 01-08-2006, 01:46 AM
Range Rover
Default San Antonio

You need to try Steel Horse MX...it's located between Seguin and San Antonio on IH-10 West.

www.steelhorsemx.com

The owners are very quad freindly! ! !

Give them a try...you won't be disappointed.