Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

does anyone know where in OH...

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2000, 06:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm having carb problems too. I just discovered a bad gas leak last nite. The bottom of the carb was rubbing against the engine and it actually wore a hole in the bottom of my float assembly.
I've got the whole carb apart in my garage right now but hopefully my patch will hold and I hope to have it running tonite. If I get it back together I plan on going Sunday. Some mud might be fun.

Old 09-22-2000, 07:55 AM
Trailblazer

I got my carb problems worked out. I'll definitely be there Sunday, rain or shine. I hope you got your leak fixed!

Old 09-22-2000, 08:43 AM
Pro Rider

What time are you guys planning on getting there
Sunday?I will be also show up rain or shine.I
will be driving a blue chev truck with cap.

See Ya
TRUCK

Old 09-22-2000, 09:19 AM
Trailblazer

I hope to be there between 9 and 10. My friend has to bartend at a private party and she's not sure how late she'll be out, but if worse comes to worse, she can meet us there. Look for my silver Astro.

Old 09-22-2000, 04:53 PM
Trailblazer

Hey this is crawdad's son. I own a honda 1987 trx 250x and hope to get to go to mayesville. I like riding trails and getting muddy. My quad can go through almost anything but I try not to get stuck. I'll see you there hopefully

Old 09-24-2000, 10:24 PM
Trailblazer

Truck, son and friend, Johnny Bravo and friend, Crawdad and son joined my son and I for a great day of riding at Bigrock. As Truck said, the trails are great fun when they're muddy. We had to avoid any big hillclimbs though. It makes me jealous of Truck's 4wd machines. I do like my lightweight Recons though when it's dry.
Crawdad had some mechanical problems, but he did manage to make it back to his truck before I left. His son resembled the "swampthing"! Good for a good laugh. The best time though was when JohnnyBravo and friend were stuck in "mudsponge"! Truck was able to winch them out. What a great guy to ride with! The time spent at the mudsponge was great. I haven't laughed that hard in a month of Sundays!
All present agree that a southwestern Ohio ATV club is a good idea. So I intend to organize SOAR (Southwestern Ohio ATV Riders). JohnnyBravo has graciously volunteered to make a logo. I would suggest a sport ATV SOARing through the air with treetops and the sun or moon in the backround. Whatever is easiest. Try to keep it simple.
I suggest we have our meeting at my friend's place on Sunday October 1st, 10 AM. From there we can go to Pike or Happy Hollow. Keep in mind that you must have a sticker to ride at Pike. Email me if you plan to attend the initial meeting which shouldn't last long and I'll reply with directions.
Last but not least, it was great meeting and riding with all you guys. I look forward to doing it again soon.

Old 09-24-2000, 10:42 PM
Trailblazer

Recoman, thanks for the swampthing bit.It all happened when my quad'ssprocket got bent and the chain came off.Then my dad towed me out and it was shooting all the mud at me.
I think SOAR sounds like a good idea. I hope to go back to Big Rock soon. My dad liked it even though he was towing me almost the whole time and putting the chain back on. My quad has never done anything like that before. I am going to get some new parts soon. Once I get these new parts then I will not be trailing behind you, you'll be trailing behind me =D. I had fun at Big Rock. Thanks for showing us around part of the place. Sorry I couldn't keep up with you guys.

Old 09-25-2000, 11:26 AM
Trailblazer

Great time down at bigrock. I know me busting my butt and the nice roost to the face from my friend was the funniest. After you left we took those guys that showed up late out for a spin and I mean a spin. We were doing so many doughnuts on that little circle track that you couldn't even tell what color our quads or clothes were. We ended up being the last people to leave. Email with directions for the meeting and I'll make sure to go. See ya all soon.

Old 09-25-2000, 05:26 PM
Pro Rider

Hey guys we had a great time also,anytime you
guys want to ride again let me know.That was
my first real ride on the 400 explorer,so far
I like it alot.I will try to make it to the
first meeting to start a club.

TRUCK

Old 10-04-2000, 12:18 PM
Pro Rider

Hey, sign me up for SOAR. And my family would love to join ya'all for a ride, especially at BigRock. I heard about that place at ASK PowerSports here in Columbus, but couldn't fina nay other info on it. We've been riding at Pike till next year, when we will get the Wayne stickers (and get our money's worth). We may have run into each other at Pike the last two weekends, though! We were the ones in the black F-350 dually (the Earnhardt fan), either with a red flatbed trailer, or trying out our new ATV Pickup Caddy (double ATV rack for the pickup bed). Let me know when you guys will be getting together again, and we'll join ya!

Quick Reply: does anyone know where in OH...