Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

does anyone know where in OH...

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2000, 05:14 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know specifically where the "powerlines" riding are is? Supposed to be near Cincinnati, OH but I'm not sure where..anyone know?

Old 09-12-2000, 07:36 PM
Pro Rider

we got a place here in noble county called the pipeline hill its pretty week how close are you to noble county

Old 09-12-2000, 10:22 PM
Trailblazer

I'm more than two hours away from Noble. Th "powerlines" I'm talking about is supposed to be in southwestern OH and has hundreds of acres to ride on.

Old 09-13-2000, 02:02 AM
Range Rover

I live in southeastern ohio and have never heard of such place.If you find out let me know please.

Old 09-13-2000, 04:59 PM
Trailblazer

I'm down by Kings Island and I've never heard of the place you are talking about. If you find out, make sure you post it here.

Old 09-13-2000, 11:15 PM
Trailblazer

Are you talking about the land owned by Mead paper company? This is supposed to be somwhere in southern OH. I haven't been there, but I have talked to people who have been there. I don't think you are really allowed to ride there, but then again there's not many places that you are "allowed" to ride.

There's also supposed to be a MX park near Wilmington. I haven't been there, but they sent me a postcard a while back.

I live near Dayton, OH and I usually go to Haspin Acres in Laurel, IN. As soon as I get my Banshee put back together, I'll be taking a trip to the Badlands in Indiana.

I also like to ride at Wayne National Forest. There's one place near Athens (where I've been) and another near Ironton.

Where do you usually ride?

Old 09-14-2000, 08:07 AM
Trailblazer

It could be the Mead property...

There is an MX Park 15min. from Wilmington..."New Vienna MX Track" http://squirtndirt.com/newvienna/ It's pretty good.

I've done Haspin Acres once...seems decent, but the bigger track was kinda rough and not many great jumps.I'm planning my first trip to the Badlands on Sept. 30th. There's some Nitro event that day but they said it is still open.
Other places I ride...Livingston KY, Rarden OH, Sinking Springs OH, and Wayne Nat. Forest. Dirt Country is in Blanchester but I haven't been yet.

Old 09-14-2000, 01:54 PM
Trailblazer

When you refer to Sinking Springs, are you talking about Happy Hollow? Me and my friends went there last weekend for the first time. I couldn't ride because I separated my right shoulder the day before, but my friends had a great time. I ran into a guy out there that said he rides the powerlines that are right around that area. he also said that it was highly illegal. I don't wan't to get involved in anything that could jeopardize the use of my quad. We all just got our quads this summer and we're looking for places to ride.
Being from Cincinnati, I'm thinking of starting an ATV riders club for southwestern Ohio riders, if there is enough interest. The club would be mainly for organizing rides and sharing information and experiences. The dues would be very small if at all. Just enough to cover printing costs of a newsletter if we would decide to print one. I would like to know how many people would be interested in such a club?
I noticed somone mentioned Haspin Acres. I don't want to bash a place I've never been to, but there was a post on another forum about quads and other stuff being stolen there on a regular basis. So if you go there, I would be very careful about where you leave your stuff.
What and where is Rarden, Ohio? Also, what are the trails in Livingston like?

Old 09-14-2000, 02:37 PM
Trailblazer

I mean Sinking Springs as in the public/free ATV Riding grounds aka "Pike State Park" I think.
I also heard of "the powerlines" near there but never found it.

Club idea: I'd suggest starting with an email only publication or website with a forum such as this and go from there.

Regarding Haspin Acres: when I went we didn't have a problem with stolen stuff but we locked up the trucks each time too.

Rarden: A town basically where SR32 and SR73. (there is a Honda ATV Dealer there as well). All private land but its easy to hook up with a local ATVer and ride for miles. ATVs are often seen driving down the main streets.

Livingston: Trails, hillclimbing, rock wall climbing, and mud is all GREAT. People everywhere but it isn't crowded once off the main truck path.
You'll see railbuggys, jeeps, MX bikes, ATVs, and many other off road vehicles there. I was surprised to see the things railbuggys can climb. Way better than anywhere else I've been.

Old 09-14-2000, 03:18 PM
Trailblazer

Could you post directions to Pike State Park? As far as the club goes, not everyone that rides also has a computer and net access. So paper communication would eventually be required at some point I would think. I'm waiting to see how much interest there might be before I try to do anything.

Quick Reply: does anyone know where in OH...